Rigging Blocks & Pulleys???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Mike Maas
I don't go for cheap and easy, I want tools that are the best. I'll run Stihl, you run Pullon. :p

I'm not quite sure what makes you think I'd be running a poulon.:confused: Anyway the cost factor really has nothing to do w/ it.. It's simply a superior product in my opinon.
Jps, Where can i get the chafe gaurd tubing?

When it comes to buying safty gear you should ask yourself this question: just how much is my life worth? The answers will come much easyer....Rob

Originally posted by TreeJunkie
I'm not quite sure what makes you think I'd be running a poulon.:confused: Anyway the cost factor really has nothing to do w/ it.. It's simply a superior product in my opinon.
Jps, Where can i get the chafe gaurd tubing?

I just assume you run Pullon because they are cheap.

If Tennex is a supperior product, why do you need chafe gaurd? Stable Braid has it built on, it called a sheath.

A question for you, how is Tennex supperior to Vectran, other than cheapness?

The chafe guard is for the Vectran, Aramid, Dyneema and like products that don't wear as well as polly.

I think once Tenex (or the like) has been loaded a few times the looseness is not a big problem. The soft lay can be a problem, but for loopies and balancers it works very well.

If you want to go for a loopie that will run with a 1 inch rope then go with the hightech fibers so you can reduce the size of your sling rope.

Originally posted by TreeJunkie
hello.....

Howdy!

I perfer tennex over a double braid. Tennex is much easier to splice, and its splices are adjustable, making it faster to rig tighter.

Mike is bein an odd ball, loopies and whoopies suck:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lumberjack
Howdy!

I perfer tennex over a double braid. Tennex is much easier to splice, and its splices are adjustable, making it faster to rig tighter.

Mike is bein an odd ball, loopies and whoopies suck:rolleyes:

I just said I don't like tennex. It's only quality is that it's cheap. Loopies and whoopies should last a long time, so why not make them out of good rope? Tennex is not he only hollow braid, and double braids can have hollow braid cores. Double braids also have many nice qualities a limp hollow braid doesn't.

Just because you're ignorant, doesn't make me odd. Maybe you should do two or three more days of tree work so you have some actual experience before you insult me.

So Mike M. What do you make woopies out of? If get all of this right, then, I'm not hearing anyone say that tenex is the greatest rope out there, nor is it the greatest hollow braid.. However, it fits it application,, and being cheap is just an added bonus....

Originally posted by Mike Maas
I just said I don't like tennex. It's only quality is that it's cheap. Loopies and whoopies should last a long time, so why not make them out of good rope? Tennex is not he only hollow braid, and double braids can have hollow braid cores. Double braids also have many nice qualities a limp hollow braid doesn't.

Just because you're ignorant, doesn't make me odd. Maybe you should do two or three more days of tree work so you have some actual experience before you insult me.

Ok, in the 5 days I worked in spring break I cleared 4.5k, and put out 8.5k in bids.

Then people that have been in the buisness for the last 30 plus years say it is good.

I have never seen a loopie made out of double braid, but I am no splicin wizz. I use tennex slings, and have never had a problem with them.

If double braid loopies are so great, or even possible, then why doesnt Sherrill sell them. They love makein money, maybe you should patent it?:confused:

Last edited:
Oh yes, Nick is the go too guy for splicing.

Nick:

Can you make a loopie outa double braid?

Can a locking brumnel work on 16 strand? (From another thread that was never answered)

Oh yes, Nick is the go too guy for splicing.

Nick:

Can you make a loopie outa double braid?

Can a locking brumnel work on 16 strand? (From another thread that was never answered)

i'm not Nick, nor much of a splicer, but the answer to both is a resounding NO!

Originally posted by rbtree
i'm not Nick, nor much of a splicer, but the answer to both is a resounding NO!

I talked to nick off forum, and he said that the locking brumnel would work on a 16 strand, but that the long taper was a stronger slice. He also said that the lanyard that he is using now actually has the brumnel in the 16 strand.

I cant remember if he said that a double braid whoopie is possible (I think so), but I know that he said that a hollow 12 strand (the awful tennex) is much more practical.

the awful tennex

Since your sarcastic remark proves you still don't understand my comments, I'll try one last time, and I'll type real slow so even you might get it.
I never said Double braids make better whoopies or loopies than tennex. I said I don't like tennex, it's only quality is it's cheap.
Here is a list of 12 strand hollow core ropes. I feel many are better than tenex, each for it's own reason(s). You will find tennex is the cheapest, not the best.
(that list is just one of MANY rope makers with 12 strand hollow core ropes)

TG, Yeah i know it sopposed to be above the sling for safety, the way i saw it was hey, what's it gonna get hurt by the tennex, most of the time i try to play by the rules, that time i just wound up tying off the sling above my lanyard...Oops!:eek: But yeah i'd say it was safe, i'm still here talking about it and all went well...

There are just as many reasons for putting your lanyard above as below the sling. This has been gnawed no before as well as being written about in an article in Arborists News I think.

I am wondering where your second tie-in is located? Besides a lanyard, do you have a climbing line tie-in?

Tom

Back