right place right time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a societal perspective,it is obviously better for you to be honest about your apparent low moral character and save others from having to learn for themselves.

That is what I have always figured so, typically I am right up front and honest about it, LOL.

I also don't lie about being honest, like most people do, LOL. What is your take on that?

Just so your are warned,

Sam

$600??? I would have tried $550, then it would have been $500. That would leave a big smile on my face.

Take the $50 back? If they called and admited to the mistake, and asked nicely, yes. Any other situation, heck nooooooo.:chainsaw:

Yep

he didn't go back and say "you mis-charged me"??? the guy agreed to give you a deal then accidently misses a 5 on the register and you didn't go back and tell him?
i have accidently left behind tomuch change at the grocery store and the clerk told me about it. i would definatly do the same if a buisness undercharged me.

+1

I was just thinking the same thing. Honesty is increasingly becoming a rarity in this day and age. To each their own, it's a very good deal, my conscience would just get the best of me. I be worried that the kid would get fired or something like that... Might be a good way for him to learn to pay attention??? Or Karma might come back and bite ya on the butt, lmao...

:cheers: eh?

Weather my brother calls the place back that is up to him. Me I guess I am a bad person because I don't feel bad about some 40 year old pot head that can't figure it out. I leave it up to the owner to police his guys. If the owner called I would give himhis money.

A while back I bought S&W 586 for a good price at a pawn shop, and the guy undercharged me $10.00 on my card. I went back a few days later and gave him the $10. He was amazed. Probably somewhat renewed his faith in humanity.
I am no angel, but that was a cheap contribution to the improvement of the human condition.

Heck, I dunno what I would have done.

But I thought this was strange. The original poster said that his brother agreed to pay $650.00 after tax, which means that total amount to be paid would be exactly $650.00, no confusion on taxes and stuff. So, as this guy rings up the sale, he doesnt bother to look at the price on either the cash register or either one of the two receipts and notice its $600.00 flat???? not $650.00 flat????? This should be second nature to somebody that works behind a cash register. My assumption would be that the guy noticed after he rang it up and didnt care enough to change it. But you know what happens when you ASSume.

Last edited:
Congrats on the excellent price for the 460!
I wouldn't have brought the mistake of the salesperson up either. He's paid to do a job...not my fault he wasn't able to do his job...next job maybe he will have learned from this mistake. Guess I must have low morals ehh?

Exactly, Finally someone who is honest. I feel the same way.
I have a question about if it is a terrible thing to offer considerably less on a saw that worth so much more? Isn't that like stealing or offering to? I just don't think that it is my responsibility to be a steward to people being paid to do there job, it's not that I'm dishonest just not my problem if another doesn't perform in life. I've walked out of a local gun shop with merchandise I forgot to pay for (got distracted talking) and went back days later and paid for it, that was my mistake and made good for it.

Last edited:
Actually, I find it rather refreshing that Spacemule, an aspiring lawyer, is arguing the side of the verbal agreement rather than the legally binding documents in this case. Good on him.

BTW, my wife just got back from a return trip to 7-11 where they accidentally charged her the Daily price for a Sunday paper ($0.75 rather than $2.00). She felt relieved to make things right. This is the example my kids are seeing.

HI Gink, good point!

I dont beleive in even trying to lowball ion my offers for stuff. if I know what a fair price is , thats the pooint I would bargain around.

I would go to a titty bar right now if it ws feasabile and convenient, and did not violate any other obligations in my life.

Same for slamming a couple of 40s of steel reserve right now.

Same for staying up till 1200 watching crap on youtube.

I swear, git onery, and have been known to bo rude and busque

I am not a saint, or having high morals today LOL. But I am not a thief, cheater, or a guy looking to get over on folks either.

Some guy being a burnout (So Cal beach cities have lots of them) dont excuse me from my obligations.

To each his own path, and to each his consequences.

BTW. a heck of a lot more value systems than our Christian one proscribe such behavior as getting over on a store or clerk. Of course many of them proscrible going to Pacers too! Ha ha

Most of the preceeding 4 pages of posts all assume the store Clerk HEARD $650, and messed up..

What if he thought he HEARD $600? heck, he knows his cost and was likely thinking $600 as rock bottom, and then.... hey, it was $600...

And/or..Greengoblin is correct... I've done similar things...:mad:

:)

Last edited:
Most of the preceeding 4 pages of posts all assume the store Clerk HEARD $650, and messed up..

What if he thought he HEARD $600? heck, he knows his cost and was likely thinking $600 as rock bottom, and then.... hey, it was $600...

And/or..Greengoblin is correct... I've done similar things...:mad:

:)

Thats what I was thinking, if he put 600. on the recipte thats what he was willing to accept right? And by the way We are all being judged. Its not our job to judge others.

Latest posts

Back