RIP 20 Year old 2300poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well the poor little guy has had it, after about 20 years of firewooding 5-10 cords a year it just wouldnt tune any more tried carb kit,tried a differant carb, checked the reed valve , it was Good, then went deeper, pressure test failed, this is when things got bad chrome missing off the piston, bore badly worn, both mains had slack rod bearings bad , wrest pin shot, and it still would cut, it was a good saw, now what to use it for?

Cary

well if you love it so much you could always rebuild it back to new again. thats what i'm plaining on doing with a 041 farmboss that i got.

Well it depends. Are you a sentimental person or a practical person. The practical side says replace it with another saw. The amount of money it would take to replace all the things you listed would easily surpass the cost of another saw. The sentimental side says rebuild it no matter what the cost. Look for a donor saw for parts that may save you some money but most likely you will find the donor to be in better shape than what you have.

Sell me the "duckbill" valve between the crankcase and oil tank?

Back