Repair old Husqvarna 61 advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a plastic bottle. I use overhead projector plastic sheets for seal guides. I still use super fine sandpaper to dress all the edges. Works great. Beer cans seem to be a good place to start though...

Or a plastic bottle. I use overhead projector plastic sheets for seal guides. I still use super fine sandpaper to dress all the edges. Works great. Beer cans seem to be a good place to start though...
A lot of products come in those clear plastic clamshell packages, I’ve used that material as a sleeve before. And microfiche film. You can install the oil pump (with seal installed) without a sleeve if your careful. Gotta have the right technique though.

How hard should I hit the bolt with a hammer? 1,5kg = 3,3 lbs
I also tried a lighter plastic hammer with the saw in one hand but no luck.
Sprayed some WD40 yesterday.
What do you think of the flywheel, there is also some wear from the starter, there might be a problem as well in the starter.

Edit:
Got it! some heat, took the flywheel with vice grip and 2 gentle hits...
It's leaking some air between the inner metal ring and the inner plastic...
I wonder how bad it was under a vacuum :cool:

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-01-10 183644.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-01-10 183644.png
    933.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-01-10 192521.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-01-10 192521.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 0
How hard should I hit the bolt with a hammer? 1,5kg = 3,3 lbs
I also tried a lighter plastic hammer with the saw in one hand but no luck.
Sprayed some WD40 yesterday.
What do you think of the flywheel, there is also some wear from the starter, there might be a problem as well in the starter.

Edit:
Got it! some heat, took the flywheel with vice grip and 2 gentle hits...
It's leaking some air between the inner metal ring and the inner plastic...
I wonder how bad it was under a vacuum :cool:
I think there should be an o-ring in there somewhere on the outer diameter of the seal holder. It would appreciate a replacement.

Alternatively, use a little bit of RTV on the metal surface before screwing it back down.

Replace both crank seals and the o-rings. Just pay attention to the depth of the seal on the clutch side. It must be in the exact same position in the oil pump. If the seal is flush in the bore it will rub on the washer behind the oil pump drive gear and you’ll have a leak again. Use some medium strength thread locker on the screws that secure the oil pump and seal carrier on the flywheel side.

Back