RIP Gypo Logger {John Lambert}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can click on the link to the photo and actually get up a photobucket address it *may* allow you to view his albums.
I /we figured out a method to access his account, I had some help from other members and my daughter as I am not the greatest at figuring out techie stuff.

I think that was one of the Diamond Willow trees he searched for. The walking sticks, canes and crutches are valuable . Don't know the value of one that big.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dia...HbmgCyEQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1
When I was up there I seen these type of big sticks for sale at tourist trap centers and they sold for good sums of cash. One I seen just outside Watsons Lake had a tag on it of $250. on my return trip homeward the stick was gone so I asked the store about them and the reply was they sell like hotcakes., many sticks were too big to put inside a car or van.

I went back and found the thread on that stick I ask John question on what it was and what used for.
John Lambert
Author

That’s a 13’6” diamond willow I found about 4 years ago.
It’s hanging from my ceiling right now.
I have about 80 pieces of this stuff.

Railing, posts and stuff.

glwood.jpg

I went back and found the thread on that stick I ask John question on what it was and what used for.
John Lambert
Author

That’s a 13’6” diamond willow I found about 4 years ago.
It’s hanging from my ceiling right now.
I have about 80 pieces of this stuff.

Railing, posts and stuff.

View attachment 1062115
Very nice, I had not seen that pic before, must be a bit more recent.

When I went through Chicken Alaska on my trip over The Top of the World Highway the building closest to the gravel road used the burl posts for roof support, seen this kind of thing all over the North.

images

Gypo posted this photo here at AS years ago. I thought it may have been him.

It is him in the photo? Or something he found and posted here?

He was crazy enough. I'll gladly delete this if found disrespectful. Or if it's not him.

View attachment 1058935
Totally remember his name and input on here along with this photo. Never met him in person along with a lot of others on here. RIP and have fun up there sawing logs and talking saws with my dad.

Latest posts

Back