RIP Gypo Logger {John Lambert}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He stopped here in Ky. @ 20 years ago, he wanted to meet me and a gal with the username of "Che", he still lived in Ontario.
He had driven across Canada to visit the Northwest, and came back through the states with a truckload of big logging saws. I was back in the shop working, and one of the gals working there came back and said '"There is some guy out there wanting warranty for his Wildthing."
We went to lunch for a couple hours and talked about saws, arboristsite, and a forum called "*********", which is where most of the wild ones came from to this little forum for arborists.
When they booted him off of there, he brought dozens here with him.

They were a fussy bunch here back then, easily offended, etc..

They really didn't like the rowdies moving in, but this site really caught on fire.

I was fortunate enough to have John stop by House-O-Saws for a visit. We had many laughs.

I bought two 090's from John. One went straight to Ken Dunn for porting and the other is still in the box.

Thank You John. Rest in Peace.

Larry.
Larry,

I am glad to see you post but sorry it was due to such a sad occurence.

As odd and yes freaky as it sounds I wish I still had a copy of him bucking a log buck naked in the snow. It was a "rear shot" thankfully but funny as heck in the Yukon cold.

So sad to hear this.

Of the thousands of people whose posts I have read on the chainsaw forums, Gypo Logger's posts and comments have always stood out in my memory. He was the real thing... a woodsman, a logger, a chainsaw expert and, I'm sure, he could use an axe, build a fire in a blizzard, cook up a mess of flapjacks... just a really authentic guy and someone I'd pick first to go to deer camp with.

RIP, Gypologger, John Lambert.

It's a lesser world without him.

He stopped here in Ky. @ 20 years ago, he wanted to meet me and a gal with the username of "Che", he still lived in Ontario.
He had driven across Canada to visit the Northwest, and came back through the states with a truckload of big logging saws. I was back in the shop working, and one of the gals working there came back and said '"There is some guy out there wanting warranty for his Wildthing."
We went to lunch for a couple hours and talked about saws, arboristsite, and a forum called "*********", which is where most of the wild ones came from to this little forum for arborists.
When they booted him off of there, he brought dozens here with him.

They were a fussy bunch here back then, easily offended, etc..

They really didn't like the rowdies moving in, but this site really caught on fire.
I came over from Tool Shed at John's urging. This site back at that time was a wealth of knowledge.

Does anyone know how John died? I pray it was a good and painless death.

I came over from Tool Shed at John's urging. This site back at that time was a wealth of knowledge.

Just looking at the various facebook posts, I think that he passed unexpectantly in his sleep. But I may have it wrong.

He experienced a heat attack Thursday evening. Drove himself to the local health center. They ambulanced hi to Whitehorse General Hospital. His condition took a turn for the worse Friday morning.I..and that was it. I have it on good authority, in typical John fashion, he was joking in the ambulance all the way to Whitehorse (100 miles from Haines Juntion). John was an exceptional human being, he will be sorely missed by many. There is a facebook group named "happenings of Haines Junction Uncensored", there is post there about the unfolding of arrangements for informal/casual drop in commemoration next weekend courtesy his family who are traveling to Haines Junction this coming week. R.I.P. John, you will be forever missed

This is as close as i can say by what i was told
John had chest pains on Thursday and drove himself to our health center.
They took him by ambulance to Whitehorse to the hospital. He was apparently joking and bs'ing on the trip. He passed sometime later in the hospital.
His family will be here in a few days and there will be gathering for them and the community in John's honor.

This is as close as i can say by what i was told
John had chest pains on Thursday and drove himself to our health center.
They took him by ambulance to Whitehorse to the hospital. He was apparently joking and bs'ing on the trip. He passed sometime later in the hospital.
His family will be here in a few days and there will be gathering for them and the community in John's honor.
Please keep us informed. I never knew anything about his personal life as that was none of my business but if he has grandkids college funds and there is a memorial fund I am interested.

Back