RIP Gypo Logger {John Lambert}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Jokers GTG back in '05 I got to meet John. He brought with him an 044 Frankensaw he called it made from a bunch of old 044 carcasses. He told me he flat filed a millimeter off the top of the exhaust port and a millimeter off the intake side of the piston skirt. I did three cuts (down-up-down) in a decent sized poplar log in about 5 seconds. Never cut with a saw that fast in my life. He was a very nice guy, very humble, very funny and it was a pleasure to get to meet him.

At Jokers GTG back in '05 I got to meet John. He brought with him an 044 Frankensaw he called it made from a bunch of old 044 carcasses. He told me he flat filed a millimeter off the top of the exhaust port and a millimeter off the intake side of the piston skirt. I did three cuts (down-up-down) in a decent sized poplar log in about 5 seconds. Never cut with a saw that fast in my life. He was a very nice guy, very humble, very funny and it was a pleasure to get to meet him.
We were just talking about that 44 in my CR group before he passed. He handed me the saw to run at a gtg here around that time frame too.

We nicknamed it boobjob and horserasp.

I was lucky enough to meet him a few times.

John and Al at that gtg here.

gtgjohmal.jpg

Latest posts

Back