Road Rage and chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avalancher, be very careful resorting to violence in situations that are not in the defense of body.

If the old man was injured your friend would be in a huge amount of trouble. I can think of very few areas where that sort of response to the situation you described would not be considered criminal.

Your friend owes you big time for stopping that punch. Big time.

You cannot spin an excessive assault on the elderly successfully, and it would be expensive to try.

That situation was resolved when the saw left the old mans hand, everything after that would be considered violently excessive.

Your friend owes you big time.

not too sure - the old guy should have asked you guys about the saws and then i bet you two would have been more then happy to talk to him and let him try it out.

what he did was wrong no question - but old people tend to forget things sometimes. i would not have taken him to the ground unless i felt threatend or if i saw him walking away with my propety

i just wonder what the reaction of your friend would have been if it would have been a younger man with a football players build touching his saw . im thinking he wouldnt have been so tuff. i admit . it was wrong to touch your friends saw . but come on . jumping an old man . im glad im not a tuff guy . i would have reacted alot different , in my old age . and it would have been really funny if you hadnt interupted your buddy , and he got his ass kicked by a nice old man who just wanted to look at his saw . h

my 2 cents

im a little late to the party here but here goes.
henry g - i agree

i hope i'm not repeating what too many of you have said, but i see this stuff on a daily basis. i work a few miles north of one of the biggest crap holes in NJ. the town i work for is nice but scum travels.

having done my job for a little over 10 years now i have arrested thieves young and old male and female - whatever. you can't just assume that because the guy is old his intentions were good. on the other hand i'm 29 6'2" and 200 lbs - if he's that old im probably gonna approach the guy and see what he's up to before tackling him. i have also seen way too many stupid people that wouldn't think twice about walking up and grabbing a saw out of somebody elses truck just to look at it.

not to pick on the victim for leaving his stuff unsecured in the truck (at least you guys were smart and were watching the trucks)- i don't trust anybody with anything unless i am right there with them. i lock my vehicles my home and anything else i can to keep my family and my stuff safe. i worked too hard to just let somebody walk away with my things.

each situation calls for a different reaction but there is nothing wrong with being cautious and guarding your belongings and reacting to what you might think is a threat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back