Rubber Bands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Pig

A.K.A. Stihl-O-Matic
Reaction score
Where can I get the tight rubber bands to keep my friction hitch in place. I am switching from tied eyes (double fisherman's) on HRC cord to 8mm Beeline spliced. I noticed the splice sits a little loose on the binder and want to use the rubber bands on each end to keep it in place.

Thanks
Stihl-O

Really? But I would ended up with odoriferous micturition.

Not sure of the application but I use rubber O-rings from the auto parts house to trap the rope in the end of the biner. I think it works well. About a nickle apiece or something. I can get a pic if you want.

Not sure of the application but I use rubber O-rings from the auto parts house to trap the rope in the end of the biner. I think it works well. About a nickle apiece or something. I can get a pic if you want.

thats what I want them for keep my beeline from sliding on the biner

I can almost believe that but you haven't been in the same room as my wife's cooking/abomination. I see you have been around but you haven't been there.

lol

thats what I want them for keep my beeline from sliding on the biner

lol

Poor girl, I feel so bad BUT I know how to cook, pretty dam well at that. Anyway, the parts guys get a little annoyed when you clean out the box of O-rings( they ask " what are you working on?") but they work just as well as the actuall keepers you can buy too. I use the O-rings cause its easy for me to get them when I need them. To be honest if you are going to use something like that its not going to be easy to quicky " on/off" the set up, its more for something that stays there all the time.

Poor girl, I feel so bad BUT I know how to cook, pretty dam well at that. Anyway, the parts guys get a little annoyed when you clean out the box of O-rings( they ask " what are you working on?") but they work just as well as the actuall keepers you can buy too. I use the O-rings cause its easy for me to get them when I need them. To be honest if you are going to use something like that its not going to be easy to quicky " on/off" the set up, its more for something that stays there all the time.

No need for speed man I usually leave my set up on the rope if it all looks good and retie as needed.

SoM we have a retail chain called Clarks Rubber over here. Dunno what would be the US equivalent but they have every conceivable grommet you can imagine. Took me 30 seconds to find 1 to fit my krab. I use it for the the exact same purpose as you.

Really? But I would ended up with odoriferous micturition.

Where are you planning on putting the rubberbands :eek: That might lead to a retention problem.

I guess if you do not eat broccoli then these being free does not matter

broccoli_left_product.jpg

feel so bad BUT I know how to cook, pretty dam well at that.
I am in a similar boat. My Diane knows how to bake well, but her idea of cooking is not mine. Her's usually involves way too much vegetation that over powers the sauce. We got a brisket in the crockpot right now that has another 5.5 hours left on it.

I like the Penzey's corned beef mix, I'll add 2-3 tbls to the pot to augment what the vendor puts in.
Corned Beef Spices salt free
To marinate beef brisket use 3-5 TB. per 5 lbs, along with salt brine. For poached seafood, use 3 TB. in 2 qts. water for up to 5 lbs. fish. Hand-mixed from: brown and yellow mustard seeds, coriander, Jamaican allspice, cracked cassia, dill seed, Turkish bay leaves, Zanzibar cloves, China #1 ginger, Tellicherry peppercorns, star anise, juniper, mace, cardamom, red pepper.
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeyscorned.html

Good stuff Maynerd

Last edited:
We use castration bands also. Your can get the pliers for about $10 and a hundred bands for about $2. Looks to be the same thing Sherrill sells.

Latest posts

Back