Run ins with critters while up in a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry man didnt mean to come off as thinking u tried to hurt it ,i just dont think "I" could continue cutting in the same spot ,understand where u comin from though

dont know what it is about animals ,but a friend showed me a vid of a guy getting his head cut off with a damn chainsaw from google and it freaked me out but the thought of a animal that doesnt know whats going on like hurts me in a different way

again sorry wasnt trying to be a dic

Was taking down three large spruce next to a house two days ago when the owner comes out and asks one of my ground guys if we've seen any racoons. He relays the question to me and all I can think of is this thread as I'm scanning the tree.:hmm3grin2orange:

Nothing in sight. Whew!

Then I see some smoke coming from his chimney and a minute later this racoon pops its head out of the chimney. The critter saw me and was frightened to leave the chimney. Poor thing was sucking in lots of smoke and probably getting a little cooked. I climbed a little higher an tried to hide behind the spar. It worked. He climbed out, ran across the roof and down the other side of the house. The last I saw of him was his tail disappearing under the neighbors fence.

I was soooo happy he didn't take refuge in the tree I was in.:msp_thumbsup:

sorry man didnt mean to come off as thinking u tried to hurt it ,i just dont think "I" could continue cutting in the same spot ,understand where u comin from though

dont know what it is about animals ,but a friend showed me a vid of a guy getting his head cut off with a damn chainsaw from google and it freaked me out but the thought of a animal that doesnt know whats going on like hurts me in a different way

No need to apologize, I feel the same way. All I was saying is that sometimes you can't change circumstances, and you gotta move on.

I had someone try to show me videos like that. Don't watch them. It can create doubt. A moment of doubt is a moment of fear. Have no fear. We have enough to worry about than #### like that.

this wasnt a work accident ,i think it was some law enforcement in mexico that caught 2 drug smugglers,wich is basically all the work most can get down there any damn way

well they get a few min to explain that that was all the work they could find etc ,then u hear a saw start up ,like freaking hd quality ,a stihl ,and they rip into the guys neck ...damn crazy

our full time climber was waiting for a bigger saw one day to block down,and was right at a basketball sized cavity ,looking at the ground and when he turned back a racoon had its head out of the hole ,sounded like homer simpson up there..musta scared the racoon it went back in and came out the top and just lept off

Was talking with a county worker tonight at the races and he told me that this past Wednesday they were clearing some trees for a new county road and he cut up a racoon (in a tree) and just got covered with blood; messes thing that has happen to him working for the Skagit County :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back