Runaway chain!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorKChoP13

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 4501serious ecv tanaka and the the chain spins at idel the saw runs fine and idles well but the chain scares me. Also when i put the chain break on it stalls the motor. Any ideas?

Your idle screw has no effect? Perhaps it idles well, but is turned in just a little too much, which will make the chain spin. Turn it back out a little, go from there.

You guys do realise that this is a 2 year old post lol?

Well, ya...reply anyway with something real incase someone is googling answers..

I actually have a chuck norris story!

So, many years ago, CN is shooting some of his movie Invasion in Atlanta. There's a casting call for like cuban badguys. I decided I am gonna get a few days fun work (at SAG day rates, not too shabby), but go about it a little differently. First, no shave for a week, next full cammies and combat boots. Then, I find out which hotel he and the entourage are staying at. I go over, walk up to the lobby door, kick it open, stomp in all wild, yell out in the hokiest cuban accent I can muster.."VERE IZZ CHUCK NORRIS, I KEEK HIZ AZZ"!

The whole lobby turns around and just stares, I am still ranting, etc. this dude at the desk turns around, full beard, neat, spitting image of Chuck but real dark hair. Who are you? he asks. I start laughing tell him this is how I am applying for a cuban terrorist job. Turns out this was his brother Aaron (IIRC), who was like production manager or some other title. Anyways, he thinks this is a cool, I get the extra gig. Great! Shooting starts in a couple weeks.

One week later I am carrying some heavy junk at a car show I am working and walking across a rotunda I roll my ankle and near bust it..crutches for a month.

No movie work for me!

Did meet Chuck for like 60 seconds though, he is bigger than me but not a real big guy, he is like 5'8", something like that.

edit: this movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_U.S.A._(1985_film)

I do everyday. Everythings cool with the most interesting man in the world.we cruise the back roads picking up women and saving them from bear attacks after work.:rock: :D thats just how we roll with kid rock.:ices_rofl:

Back