Russellville man killed by falling tree damaged in recent storms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutmasterRick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
With the number of people who have been clearing debris from the recent storms it's surprising that there haven't been more serious injuries and fatalities.

Russellville man killed by falling tree damaged in recent storms
Published: Friday, June 03, 2011, 11:12 AM Updated: Friday, June 03, 2011, 11:16 AM
The Associated Press By The Associated Press The Associated Press
STATE icon.jpg

LITTLEVILLE, Alabama — A spokesman for Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital says a Russellville man has died after being injured while trying to cut a tree that had been damaged by recent storms.

The spokesman, Tom Whetstone, said 48-year-old Stanley Jones died Thursday morning. Littleville firefighters were called to the scene was Jones was injured Wednesday afternoon in the nearby Ligon Springs community.

Officials said Jones was pinned to the ground when the tree fell.

Friends said Jones and his family used to live at the residence where the accident occurred and were trying to get it ready to sell.

Link to original story.

Saw that on the local news this evening. Very sad. My thoughts are with this man's family.

My cousin is a surgical technician at a hospital here in Birmingham. She told me that the hospitals filled up with people who were injured while cleaning up the storm damage the first week after the storms hit here. When I arrived (2 days after the storms hit) they were still doing search and rescue and we had an ambulance go by us about every 5-10 minutes with lights on and sirens blaring. We probably saw 15 ambulances go by the first night we got here.Worst storm I have ever worked as far as injuries and loss of life. The destruction here is unbelievable.

Latest posts

Back