Ryobi 10532 carb screws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
In an earlier thread, somebody mentioned jamming a butt connector on their Ryobi's carb screws to turn them off, then slotting the heads with a dremel.
I tried that with a plastic insulated connector, a piece of fuel line, a Husky/Poulan carb screwdriver, I even tried jamming a 10-12ga brass electrical connector on the screws/plugs in the carb, but they won't turn. (and I got a pretty good grip when I drove that brass thing on them)

So, my first question is, do all Ryobi 10532 have high/low mixture screws, and secondly, if those things are screws, where can I get the tool to turn them?
Short of cutting slots through the screws (and the recess in the carb body that they sit in), I'm fresh out of ideas. I'd feel pretty silly if I slice up the carb body to cut screw slots in them and then find out that they are plugs and not adjustment screws.

I have a Ryobi 10532 too and mine has H and L adjustment. From looking in the holes they appear to be a special screw or cap. There is somebody selling carb adjustment tools for Ryobi Zama carbs on e-bay for like 9.99 plus shippping. I thought about getting one. I opened up the baffle and added another exhaust hole man did it liven it up. That thing runs now it is an impressive little 40cc cheap saw 16" carlton minipro bar and VX91 chain I really like it. It was running pretty rich and had the restrictive exhaust muffler choked off to the diameter of a pencil now she is running good just from opening up the exhaust alittle, may need carb tweaked in future so I'll be getting that carb tool from somewhere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back