RYOBI RY10520 vs 10532

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboyd351

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know a Ryobi 10532 is a sweet little saw, especially when modded, but since they are no longer manufactured it can be a little hard to find one. Does anyone know if the RYOBI RY10520 is similar enough to respond the same way to a muff mod? There are lots of RYOBI RY10520s on eBay.

No! they are nothing alike. The 10532 was made by Redmax and the new green saws are Homelite. I just found a 10532 on ebay for $100, it was new unused. I've seen them sell used for a reasonable price also.

I already have the 10532, so Id buy that saw. The only thing Id be weary about is the fact that the chain is so stretched, I wonder if the oiler is working? They say you can get the oiler for the redmax 400 and it is a direct fit. All the redmax parts fit. Bid was at 14 with 20 shipping, id throw 20 max bid, makes 40 saw. I love the way mine cut after modding it and putting a REAL chain on it. Does anyone know what mount the bar is? Small poulan right? I know its 3/8LP chain.

I already have the 10532, so Id buy that saw. The only thing Id be weary about is the fact that the chain is so stretched, I wonder if the oiler is working? They say you can get the oiler for the redmax 400 and it is a direct fit. All the redmax parts fit. Bid was at 14 with 20 shipping, id throw 20 max bid, makes 40 saw. I love the way mine cut after modding it and putting a REAL chain on it. Does anyone know what mount the bar is? Small poulan right? I know its 3/8LP chain.

Thanks Matt. I've put in a bid, so we will see. You mention the oiler for the Redmax 400 fits. I thought it was the Redmax 4000 that the Ryobi was a copy of. Are the Redmax 400 and 4000 the same or was I mistaken about the Ryobi and the 4000 being the same saw?

Well, the bid has already gone to $27 and is heading north, so I'm going to hold off for one that runs. Can't see paying $50 or more (with shipping) for one that doesn't run. Matt, the more I think about it, you are probably right about the oiler. Not only is the chain stretched, but the seller says the bar is rusted, so a lack of oil is a distinct possibility.

Yup, the thread is two and a half years old but if you're researching Ryobi RY10520 like I was and end up here soon, I just picked one up for 99.99 new in a case at HomeDepot, they're on clearance. I was looking for a case and $40 for a case compared to the case and this saw for $99, couldn't resist.

Latest posts

Back