Sachs Dolmar 110 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fump

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Dolmar 110 from my grandpa's tool stash with the intention of cleaning it up for my brother who, sadly, has no chainsaw. My grandpa took excellent care of his tools, about 1/2 of all my tools were his and are still in service 30-60 years after he bought them, but after several strokes someone, or several someones, used his chainsaw and put it away dirty and full of gas. I have my suspicions, but that's not relevant.

I've cleaned it out thoroughly, rebuilt the, thankfully, Walbro carb, put a new chain on it, cleaned it more, and cut about 20 trees down that really needed it, delimbed, and bucked them all with ease. Didn't need to do anything but clean up the chain a couple times. And refill the oil resevoir between two and three times per tank of gas.

This is far from my first chainsaw, but I've always either replaced or retired them long before they ever developed real problems so I'm not quite sure how to proceed. The oil pump is set to the minimum, but it still goes through oil WAY too quickly. If it sits on my shed floor for a while it will make a puddle of bar and chain oil. I initially assumed the oiler needed replacing, but then I considered a leak somewhere I'm not seeing.

Are there any easy ways to find an oil leak, other than a UV additive like you would a car?

Is there an improved, not necessarily approved, oiler for theses saws? I'm not a stickler for brand, I want what works best.

Any other tips and/or tricks for this saw? I'm a big fan of it and want to keep it, but that's not what I promised. But I still want to give my brother the best version of this saw that I can.

The oil leak is coming from the rubber grommet that fits into the side of the case. Pull your bar plate off and you will see the oil tube coming out of this grommet. You can fix the leak by draining the oil, cleaning the case and grommet thoroughly with brake cleaner and then reassembling the pieces with black RTV.

I have done this in the past and it works. Just need to make sure that both parts are clean and oil free. Let the RTV cure for 24 hours before putting oil back in the tank

Latest posts

Back