Sachs Dolmar KMS-4: Should I fix or should I sell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once melted fishing weights and pour it into my gas can. It didn't end well.

Well now, the trick is to react the lead with something that will free up all those orbitals to react with an organic. The traditional method is to react lead with sodium, and then react with cholorethane.

4 NaPb + 4 CH3CH2Cl → (CH3CH2)4Pb + 4 NaCl + 3 Pb
From there, mix with water, and run through a steam distillation column, of the kind found in petrol refineries.

You now have an organic lead compound that will probably melt your liver/kill you, if you get it on bare skin, inhale it, etc.

Probably easier to drive to the local general aviation airport, and get leaded AVGAS. ;)

I have a custom built system for grinding up wooden pencils, separating the lead from the wood and blending the lead with my favorite fuel, of course there is one problem.....

yep the same EPA who took away leaded gas took it out pencils too, looks like I am going to have to chew some old paint off the siding on a few tenements to get my leaded gas

yep the same EPA who took away leaded gas took it out pencils too, looks like I am going to have to chew some old paint off the siding on a few tenements to get my leaded gas

Not to worry! There is leaded gas replacement, sort of. Magnesium Sulfonate, is useful if you need to worry about your valves, or certain elements of lubricity. All without the problems of increased aggression, memory lapses, having your skin turn odd shades of red not seen in nature, and assorted forms of madness normally only seen in Fluke's Everett manufacturing facilities. Although the atrocious Aramark food in the cafeteria may add to that.
http://www.chempoint.com/products/c...gh-performance-sulfonates/magnesium-sulfonate

And, a ready for consumer use product. http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=1031&sector=Classics

I appreciate that you like nifty things... this is certainly up there on that list of nifty items. Personally, i wouldn't own one because I'm not a collector. I really try to only get saws that I can readily buy parts for...

that is my acid test... that and my preference is husky 3 series :)

of kms-4's ... that looks like a very nice example. best of luck, whatever you decide.... but if you need to cut wood on a regular basis, I'd buy something else. there are others here that can give that saw a good home

I have lead paint in one of my rentals.... Free for the taking.... Easily accessible because it's just on the trim around the windows.... $1000 to find that out and that the best way to remedy it is to just paint over it and seal it in

Latest posts

Back