Saw Building Books

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlyle

Carlyle

ArboristSite Operative
Does anyone have any suggestions on Books so that I may follow Timberwolf's post more closely? I am looking for something from basic Two Stroke maintenance & repair to Building Two Stroke race engines or Two stroke tuning. thanks in advance. For example I am not even sure how to measure the head volume on a saw like TW did in the 460/660 double build thread. Did a search for books here, but not what I was looking for. Thought that I would throw it out to the Pros.

Bret

Last edited:
timberwolf

timberwolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jennings two stroke tuners handbook, free download.

http://www.chuckbunnell.com/kart/jennings/jennings.html

That'l keep you going for a while. Then there are a few others that can be purchased like; Two Stroke Performance Tuning by Bell, Two Stroke Tuning by Roy Bacon, The High Performance Two-Stroke Engine by John C. Dixon, and a variety of SAE papers on different topics.

Carlyle

Carlyle

ArboristSite Operative
Hey TW,
Thanks for the info. I ordered the Bell and Dixon books yesterday from Amazon. I was going to buy Jennings Two Stoke Tuners handbook and realized the cheapest used copy was almost $100.00. So BIG Thanks for the pdf.

Carlyle