Saw choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno44

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm in my mid 60's and have a small farm. I bought a Homelite Super EZ about 1970 and have had good and long service out of it. A couple of years ago, I bought a new Husqvarna 353 as a back-up and have never started it up. I am thinking now that it is a little heavy for me and the Echo 345/346 and 306 are looking good. The 370 Echo got 2 lbs heavier to about 10. Is my Husky 353 good trading material for the Echo's? Any 346 Echos around at a decent price? I just cut an occasional tree and trim stuff, not very heavy use, and I'm big on maintaining. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

The Echos are going to be down on power compared to your SEZ, but they're fairly reliable and can do an OK job once you open up the super-restrictive muffler and get some of your HP back.

The 353 should probably weigh about what your SEZ does, or thereabouts anyway. If money isn't an issue, the Husqvarna 339 would be a good compromise - size and weight similar to the Echos, but a goodly bit more powerful.

Back