Saw fading on full throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frax

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to saw repair. But so far so good. The most challenging so far has been a rebuild of a 200T that took a 70' fall onto rocks many many moons ago.

It's got a new chain brake, new air cover filter, new fuel lines and a new fuel tank and fuel pickup. Everything has been cleaned minutely.

I don't have the means to test the crank case yet, but it seems solid. I didn't rebuild the carb either, but I did test for leaks.

It was running like a champ, but lately it seems to fade on full throttle. If I goose the throttle it recovers, but it still has that fade from time to time. It idles solidly.

Everything I read suggests a fuel problem but this seems unlikely since everything about that got changed out.

Ideas?

Yes, and check the impulse hose. They pop off pretty easily.
Since it took a fall, it could have knocked a hole the front of the impulse hose. It is very close to the intake retainer block and can abrade a pinhole in the hose.
As cheap as they are out of china now, I'd just buy a new carb.
That carb has a non-serviceable accelerator pump plunger. They gall over time and can leak air causing problems.

Latest posts

Back