Saw fixed but doesn't have much umpfff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what you are gonna spend to get that doorstop fixed, you could go to Wal-mart and buy another one for about 80 bucks. There is a reason they don't last. You just throw them away and buy a new one.

Sorry you think no one is willing to help, but the experience here is that they (Pooplauns) are just a waste of time to try and fix. When a new one is just as cheap as spending your time and hard earned bucks on parts and "labor".

Good luck...

Gary

Gas71, I was only kidding when I said no one was helping. Everyone here has been more than helpful and I appreciate all of the input. I expected pure ridicule when I mentioned a wildthing but everyone has been top notch in their responses.

With that said, I took it to the Stihl dealer where I'm going to buy my saw. He checked it over and basically said its getting near the end of its life. He said it felt like it had lost some of its compression when he started it and that is likely what's causing the lack of power. He offered to check it thoroughly but didn't feel it was financially worth it. He was happy with the adjustments that had already been made to it as far as RPM's etc. So, guess I'll get more serious about bringing in some extra cash for the new saw. I know there is a lot of work to be done where we hunt (after the ice storm). That will be my excuse to buy the new saw. Wait, taxes are coming soon, aren't they? YES!!!!

I used on of those colorful saws this weekend. The only wild part about that saw is the vibration...
It barly beat my echo in redneck racing:dizzy:

I am not new here i just reat the posts and think to myself but i cant let this one go. This is my first post i think if you run that 50:1 gas very long in that Poulan you will need a new saw and that will be a good log net weight.If it is running fast at idle you are getting air somewhere ex. cracked head carb boot or something.But the 50:1 in a poulan you will have a spare wildthing

That was kind of my thought. I immediately replaced it with my fresh 40:1 when i got the saw back. Thanks, Greg

My Wildthing runs great. It is like 9 or 10 years old. You say the word Wildthing here and the chuckleheads crawl of out of the woodwork.

Mine bogged down after I tuned and cleaned it up. Turns out I had tightened the chain too much. Check your tension, maybe it is a little too tight. Could be other stuff too but this is an easy check.

Or, be like the chuckleheads and go spend $500+ on a new saw everytime their current saw needs a bit of maintenance and they don't know what to do. There is a reason some of them own so many saws. :chainsaw:

My Wildthing runs great. It is like 9 or 10 years old. You say the word Wildthing here and the chuckleheads crawl of out of the woodwork.

Mine bogged down after I tuned and cleaned it up. Turns out I had tightened the chain too much. Check your tension, maybe it is a little too tight. Could be other stuff too but this is an easy check.

Or, be like the chuckleheads and go spend $500+ on a new saw everytime their current saw needs a bit of maintenance and they don't know what to do. There is a reason some of them own so many saws. :chainsaw:

Here is one Chuckleheads answer to a DUMBXXX. Most of us chuckleheads work on our saws and practically never replace them. We buy good saws because we use them enough that the POS saws don't hold up. I would imagine the older saw you have is of much better quality than the stuff that is now being made.
Put your saw up against a good saw and see which one is faster and lasts longer.
Us Chuckleheads don't waste money on good saws. We make money on them due to faster cutting, less downtime and fewer parts needing replacing.
You obviously have your head hidden and have not read the posts here in their entirety. I agree that on first glance we do seem to splurge on stuff we don't need and perhaps we do to some degree . But a quality saw is a good investment. Don't try to convince the owner of the WildTHing that he has a good saw, if you do then I named you properly! Anyone else care to add their thoughts?
Greg Harrison

Funny, I watched my dad burn up two wildthingies a season, but a Husky 350 has run for two seasons??????????

Go pee in somebody elses Cheerios.

wilthing???

fixing a poulan wild thing is like doing this to a ----->>>>:deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
it dont work at all. throw it away and buy a nother saw its cheap and less work:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Im ROFL about buying a Yugo and runnin the Daytona 500...:hmm3grin2orange:

Other than that, I wont dignify Idiotstick's response about spending the money on a quality saw instead of scimping on a cheap throw-away. Company I work for does that crap, and it makes me sick.

Stihl...Husky...Dolmar...Jonesred

The timing was perfect for me to read this today. We were going to cut some creosote soaked poles for support work on our bridge, and the "crew saw" a pos Poulon wouldnt start. My boss knew I had my 034 in the truck and told me to go grab it. I laughed at him. Told him u buy me 2 new chains and I will think about it. He laughed and said no, just grab your saw. Didnt happen. Thay wanna buy cheap equipment, let em. My Stihl stayin away from company use.

Here is one Chuckleheads answer to a DUMBXXX. Most of us chuckleheads work on our saws and practically never replace them. We buy good saws because we use them enough that the POS saws don't hold up. I would imagine the older saw you have is of much better quality than the stuff that is now being made.
Put your saw up against a good saw and see which one is faster and lasts longer.
Us Chuckleheads don't waste money on good saws. We make money on them due to faster cutting, less downtime and fewer parts needing replacing.
You obviously have your head hidden and have not read the posts here in their entirety. I agree that on first glance we do seem to splurge on stuff we don't need and perhaps we do to some degree . But a quality saw is a good investment. Don't try to convince the owner of the WildTHing that he has a good saw, if you do then I named you properly! Anyone else care to add their thoughts?
Greg Harrison

Well said!

:notrolls2: :notrolls2: :notrolls2: :buttkick:

Hey, you all have been great and I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you. You have all given me good, accurate advise when at first I expected ridicule. Sorry if you got the idea they would ridicule you, wahoowad, but that hasn't been my experience. Thanks again for all the positive feedback I received. Take care, Greg

Hey, you all have been great and I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you. You have all given me good, accurate advise when at first I expected ridicule. Sorry if you got the idea they would ridicule you, wahoowad, but that hasn't been my experience. Thanks again for all the positive feedback I received. Take care, Greg

Greg,
I am ridiculing him. He makes unfounded statements that above all are not true. You asked for help and did not jump in with idiotic statements that have no facts to back them up. He got what he deserved! Wahoowad knows nothing and has not read and properly digested the facts presented on this site. So who cares what he thinks. I will not feed the troll. He can starve for attention!
Greg Harrison

Latest posts

Back