Saw for Hire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing Im married to the best tree guy in the state, I dont have to worry about hiring anyone to do it.
You know, Gerome has more years of on the job experience than a lot of "certified arborists", He is respectful, professional, and extremely good at what he does. So if people want to look at the sleveless shirt and earrings and not hire him for it, then they are ignorant and its their loss. Uptight, rigid peice of crap, close minded idiots deserve shoddy work if all they care about is how a person dresses. And what makes a person look like they "just got out on bond"? Facial hair, messy hair, sleveless shirt...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Wow, seriouly, grow up! I went to work with Gerome this weekend and was his ground hand, I was wearing the crappiest pair of jeans I could find, and a stained up carhardt hoodie cuz its dirty messy work and clothes get torn up, plus OMG my hair was a mess (from the hard hat) and I was dirty from DRAGGING BRUSH...does that make me freshly released on bond too?

Quit showing off

You know, Gerome has more years of on the job experience than a lot of "certified arborists",

Just because he has experience doesn't mean he is doing it safely. I know guys who have been doing tree work for 30-45 years and still do it unsafely and hacked. (IE crane accidents, trees on houses, etc...)

When i was doing line clearance work we would have 75-100 different 2-3 man crews working 10 hours a day normally and 18 hours during storm restoration. In the years I worked there we never had a crane tip over, or tree on a house, or bobcat riding wheelies down the street etc.

Just because he has experience doesn't mean he is doing it safely. I know guys who have been doing tree work for 30-45 years and still do it unsafely and hacked. (IE crane accidents, trees on houses, etc...)

When i was doing line clearance work we would have 75-100 different 2-3 man crews working 10 hours a day normally and 18 hours during storm restoration. In the years I worked there we never had a crane tip over, or tree on a house, or bobcat riding wheelies down the street etc.

I said Gerome had that much experience, didn't say Paul did...Gerome is always safe in his work....didn't say Paul was that either...and paul is the only moron that does wheelies in the bobcat, Ive always thought that was unprofessional and stupid. As for the crane being lifted off the ground, yes, that was extremely dangerous and could have been prevented had the climber and crane operator been communicating...HOWEVER, the crane did NOT tip over and nothing was damaged. And to my knowledge, the only time a tree has ever been dropped on a house by Pauls crew, is when it was on purpose.

Good thing Im married to the best tree guy in the state, I dont have to worry about hiring anyone to do it.
You know, Gerome has more years of on the job experience than a lot of "certified arborists", He is respectful, professional, and extremely good at what he does. So if people want to look at the sleveless shirt and earrings and not hire him for it, then they are ignorant and its their loss. Uptight, rigid peice of crap, close minded idiots deserve shoddy work if all they care about is how a person dresses. And what makes a person look like they "just got out on bond"? Facial hair, messy hair, sleveless shirt...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Wow, seriouly, grow up! I went to work with Gerome this weekend and was his ground hand, I was wearing the crappiest pair of jeans I could find, and a stained up carhardt hoodie cuz its dirty messy work and clothes get torn up, plus OMG my hair was a mess (from the hard hat) and I was dirty from DRAGGING BRUSH...does that make me freshly released on bond too?
Noooo. People look at the sleeveless t-shirt and the earrings and facial hair and think, (this guy reads high times and smokes dope, so why would I want him working on my property) and in this case they would be right. I get that it's a dirty job but what's wrong with making the effort to at least look professional? A long sleeve workshirt and some PPE is asking too much?

And to my knowledge, the only time a tree has ever been dropped on a house by Pauls crew, is when it was on purpose.

In the two episodes i saw one they lifted up a corner of the roof on one house and in another the crane couldn't lift the log and it grazed the shingles. Both are unacceptable in this industry, as is lifting the crane up.

In the two episodes i saw one they lifted up a corner of the roof on one house and in another the crane couldn't lift the log and it grazed the shingles. Both are unacceptable in this industry, as is lifting the crane up.

Yep, you are correct, it did lift up a peice of the roof on that ladys shed...and Gerome warned Paul that would happen, and tried to get him to let him cut it instead of poping it off cuz he told Paul that was what would happen and Paul wouldn't listen. So that was Pauls fault and totally stupid of him. I do agree.
The other where it grazed the shingles, was put on...Paul could have lifted that log but was trying to make it dramatic for the show. There was no damage to the home.

Paul could have lifted that log but was trying to make it dramatic for the show. There was no damage to the home.

I never said it was Geromes fault. And saying that paul made it more dramatic for the show to me means that he has no respect for his job and industry, and doesn't care about doing it safely or correctly. Cough cough Hacks.

Edit: And even though there is no damage, touching a roof is unacceptable.

The other where it grazed the shingles, was put on...Paul could have lifted that log but was trying to make it dramatic for the show. There was no damage to the home.

What is Paul's relationship to the owner of the house that he deliberately kissed with the log?
If it's an arborist/client relationship with somebody who hired professionals to do a job on his property, the homeowner should cut his balls off and feed them to him. If it's some friend who volunteered a house for some dramatic filming, that would be different.

For comparison, it's OK for me to take unnecessary risks and thumb my nose at the IRS a bit when I'm preparing my own return, but it would be highly unethical to present something on a client's return in a manner that the IRS considers improper. They pay me to keep them out of trouble, not to get them into trouble.

Last edited:
What is Paul's relationship to the owner of the house that he deliberately kissed with the log?
If it's an arborist/client relationship with somebody who hired professionals to do a job on his property, the homeowner should cut his balls off and feed them to him. If it's some friend who volunteered a house for some dramatic filming, that would be different.

For comparison, it's OK for me to take unnecessary risks and thumb my nose at the IRS a bit when I'm preparing my own return, but it would be highly unethical to present something on a client's return in a manner that the IRS considers improper. They pay me to keep them out of trouble, not to get them into trouble.
every single tree company has had some damage at one time or another! tls is looking for that kind of crap and thats why it looks like nosak busts up everything he touches. the man has bin in the tree biz fer 10 years and has been very successful. its a damn sham tlc is looking for stupid crap to make the company look bad. tlc has the connections and money to put out a bad ass show and im sure there is plenty of company's that would like to star in them. i just dont know why they aired such stupid crap. tree removals are awesome and if things went smooth and people think its boring than blame tlc!! boring or not i still want to watch any and all tree shows that ever air. after doing the work fer 13 years im still not board watching /doing it. i love tree climbing and removals!!!

Pot calling the Kettle Black

Judgmental ?????

"I said Gerome had that much experience, didn't say Paul did...Gerome is always safe in his work....didn't say Paul was that either...and paul is the only moron that does wheelies in the bobcat, Ive always thought that was unprofessional and stupid. As for the crane being lifted off the ground, yes, that was extremely dangerous and could have been prevented had the climber and crane operator been communicating...HOWEVER, the crane did NOT tip over and nothing was damaged. And to my knowledge, the only time a tree has ever been dropped on a house by Pauls crew, is when it was on purpose."

That wasn't very nice.

At least you see our point.

Thanks for that.

================

Appearance:

PPE is THE uniform that is not subject to negotiation.

No PPE, not professional. Regardless of how many tattoos are exposed or hidden.

hello everyone , i taken the time to register just to reply to the idiot who judges people by the way the look and the clothes they wear. you know who you are . first i bet i could create a line up of criminals and and real tree care professionals and in that i mean people who have created and perfected the way tree care is done and the standard by which we should all hope to achieve and your stupid a$$ wouldn't be able to tell them apart.second i think that you have forgotten that this country was built by men and women who didn't always wear hardhats and tie off when they were 2 inches off the ground, and they managed just fine. hardhats were created so that people like u don't go home with a headache everyday. i look forward to replying to your next idiotic comment .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back