Saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rope, sorry about your loss. Did you report it? What county are you in? I'm in Boone County and work for the Sheriff's Dept. here. I work all of the chainsaw and tool thefts in our county because my Captain knows I'm a nut for saws. If you have a picture of that saw you can send me I can guarantee I will keep an eye out for it over here.

A word of advise on catching the thief: if he gets caught and locked up for two or three days he's found a place to sleep and food to eat for free. He's used to it and doesn't mind it too much. If YOU get caught roughing him up those same two or three days in jail are miserable. The food is bad, the bed is hard and the people there smell really bad.

I hope the county you live in has good law enforcement who take their job seriously. I wish I could tell you that all cops approach their job with professionalism and sincerity, but you know otherwise. Some of us still believe we are actually working FOR the citizens who pay our salaries and raise our children to remember the basics: God, family and country.

I would love to catch this guy for you or at least be able to get your saw back. If you have pics or can send me a full description of the saw I'll try to help out. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thanks I think our county Garland has a pretty good force I dunno. I really do not blame cops they round the bad guys up and the system lets them loose. I fully know what would happen if caught roughing him up does not mean I wont, just means I know it may cost way over a saws value to protect my family and property from punks our judicial system enables. It really is a cross I may find worthy to bear though. I have had several items reported in the past with none ever recovered, again doesn't mean nothing bad about cops. I will prolly tell our newly elected friend cop what happened just in case some bust turns up stolen stuff. The saw is a very used 372xp with a busted chain brake and a muffler mod that resembles a derringer looking from the front. It might bring 150 in pawn I am less concerned over it's loss than I am with the trespass and wondering if they will plan more activity but that's what our world has become.

Back