Saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
Last night I confronted a trespasser that said he was bringing his nephew or brother gas and
took the wrong road. I was a bit hostile but not overly just told the sob he passed a gate and two posted signs and stearnly said you best not ever make that mistake again. He not only did that but tried to continue past our house and ultimately had to turn around when he found the road was blocked by my Mack truck. I live at a dead end of the road so they are either truly lost or up to no good. I guess it was the latter, as; I just noticed a missing saw.
I work hard for what I attain and this no good mf now has me worried over what else he may have seen. My tw6 and skid steer were in the area he had to turn around. I will be locking the gate behind me for a while, I hope I don't have to dig a hole with the grapple but he is damn lucky I did not spot him at my truck getting my saw. I know I would of shot his ass. I also know but don't agree, I would be in trouble for doing so but to me they are no better than vermin imho. I have posted signs twice once at gate on both post and then before getting to my house on the power pole! I am sorry for venting but now; I am going to be looking for that truck, moving vulnerable equipment, stringing cable across my road etc. He had best not let me catch his ass.

Last edited:
Karma will hopefully catch up with him soon.

Last night I confronted a trespasser that said he was bringing his nephew or brother gas and
took the wrong road. I was a bit hostile but not overly just told the sob he passed a gate and two posted signs and stearnly said you best not ever make that mistake again. He not only did that but tried to continue past our house and ultimately had to turn around when he found the road was blocked by my Mack truck. I live at a dead end of the road so they are either truly lost or up to no good. I guess it was the latter, as; I just noticed a missing saw.
I work hard for what I attain and this no good mf now has me worried over what else he may have seen. My tw6 and skid steer were in the area he had to turn around. I will be locking the gate behind me for a while, I hope I don't have to dig a hole with the grapple but he is damn lucky I did not spot him at my truck getting my saw. I know I would of shot his ass. I also know but don't agree, I would be in trouble for doing so but to me they are no better than vermin imho. I have posted signs twice once at gate on both post and then before getting to my house on the power pole! I am sorry for venting but now; I am going to be looking for that truck, moving vulnerable equipment, stringing cable across my road etc. He had best not let me catch his ass.

I've had vehicles broken into and stolen, however, it's sooooo much worse when it happens at home.

Really sorry to hear this news Rope--there seems to be a lot of this crap going on lately. Hope you run back into the saw sometime one way or another.

Tim

I hope you catch him Rope, and deposit some buckshot in his ass at a high rate of speed!

i hate a thief.

Rope revenge. Gonna be blood on the doorstep.

Hopefully you get him.:smoking:

That's a bummer rope, I hope somehow someway you get your saw back.

I just hope to contain it at one saw I have to leave to work ya know and the sob may have seen bigger things. I wish it was legal to protect your own property, there would be no theft if laws were there to protect property owners rather than criminals. The saw had served me well many years but it is the principal of the matter I have bled for my stuff and really don't mind spilling blood to protect it and my family. I was too surprised and pissed to get tag number but for all I know the truck was also stolen:dizzy: Besides I am half blind so it would of been hard and my eyes were focused on his and I could not see the passenger. I felt a little bad for chewing his ass thinking his story may have been true but now know he's bad news. I will be looking for recent craiglist postings and at the local pawn shops. It could be worse so far the costs are contained to minimal collateral damage but now I have to be way more on guard suspicious etc. I hate having to be that way but it is easy to be ruined by a crafty thief.

around here is it isn't cabled down and locked with a 200pd pad lock it is stolen,,,hope you catch the guy

I hate thieves. A neighbor had a car stolen out of their driveway last year. A few years ago we didn't lock our cars while in the driveway we have to now. The world is going down hill fast :(

Hope you catch him and get your saw back.

I've had vehicles broken into and stolen, however, it's sooooo much worse when it happens at home.

Thats what I am saying too, I have to worry every time I leave, as; you know he spotted some stuff. Oh well;at least he knows personally whats going to happen if I catch him. He just kept saying he was sorry showed no signs of resistance to my ass chewing but the passenger never uttered a word and it could well be the driver had nothing to do with the theft. He will however be questioned in detail should I spot him or his truck.

As times get harder IMO this kind of stuff will only get worse.

Am not sticking up for stealing SOB's but it's going to cause
some that have lost their job and are border line no good.
To cross over to the bad side of the law. It has gotten to the point
a man can't leave anything in the back of a pickup even to
go inside some place for a cup of coffee to go. Back when copper
was really high, SOB's where going into new homes and ripping
the wiring out.

Seems crooks will steal a firearm or chainsaw here faster than
a pile of cash.

Do hope you get the saw back Rope!

TT

years ago i had a McCullough super 250a and a homelite super 2 with a 16"bar on it,side by side in my cellar,somebody walked off with the homelite left the McCullough there,more than likely a weak thief!that homelite was the best running saw we had. then the 2 poulans came about.oh well. live and learn!

Man that stinks, Hope you get your saw back. Sorry friggin theives. Which saw did he get?

My older 372 not the new one I am going to do some questioning in the hood, he or his passenger prolly part of the bunch I already confronted in their yard for dumping on my land before we moved in and I put up gate. I have ran several mofos off before we got moved in. One turned out to be the mayor lol my wife and I were hunting and I heard the 4 wheeler coming and ran a quarter mile to her. She said its ok he's the mayor, I said I don't give a crap if he's president he should not trespass. I am known a little for being sorta crazy over that and this incident is why. Private road is not private unless you make sure it stays that way and that requires being an ass sometimes.

I wish it was legal to protect your own property.
Yup. How's this for an example ?

http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html

"This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves. The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it. The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung. I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates."

Thanks everyone I better go move some stuff and build a cable gate past the main gate. I will go later and get a deer cam to train on the easiest stuff to remove and take keys out of my trucks. I have been relaxed for a long time my keys stay in ignitions etc. time to tighten down the fort!

bummer

That sux, man... I'm probably ripe for the picking, living in a sleepy little town. I've never seen anyone on my property who wasn't' supposed to be there, but I suppose it's luck of the draw nobody's decided to just bust in something and carry out what they want. I'd never find 'em...I'm no detective. I believe I'm with you and some of the other guys that said it though...iff'n I was to ketch 'em, I think I'd shoot 'em. I too hate a thief. I too hate a liar.

...but I'd probably go to Kroger and buy a needy family carts full of groceries if they came to my door asking, and not stealing. I don't think people steal b/c they're hungry anymore. There's just sooooo much free food out there...I dunno...mainly sorry to hear about the invasion of your space and taking of your property.

Latest posts

Back