Saw with the best sounding exhaust note.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;FFWwQJ9ep5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FFWwQJ9ep5w[/video]

Someone mentioned the 2100 so here it is, you just have to wait for the 066 to finish.
[video=youtube;Gc3SvfDwkXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3SvfDwkXo[/video]

The saw that started easily, is running well, blowing chips and cutting the firewood to heat my house is always my favorite and the best sounding. The ones that won't make any noise when their supposed to are ....not.

372 xp
[video=youtube;YlnvsWFYu9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnvsWFYu9k[/video]

I suppose we shoulda split this into seperate threads; modified vs. stock, or even vintage vs. modern.
My vote would be for any saw you enjoy running, not because you have to, but because you want to.

Well for me it was an Olympyk 264 Deluxe, don't know what the Italians did (maybe Ferrari designed the muffler) to that saw but the first time I ran it I thought wow what a beauty sound for a two stoke.

Today I was running both my Sthil 026 and Ryobi / Redmax (both with conservative muffler modes) and going from one to the other the difference in sound was immediate. The 40cc Redmax has a high pitched note the is quickly annoying while the 50cc 026 has a much deeper base note and not tiring at all, not in the Olympyk league but not bad.

This isn't just a displacement issue I've had larger saws with lousy sounding exhaust notes, an early Stihl 041 and Homelite 925 come to mind.
Any saw that is shut off. A nice sounding engine was the 5-valve per cylinder Yamaha FZ750 with a 4 into one Kerker exhaust at 11000 rpm. Single cylinder 2-strokes sound annoying at best. Love the smell though lol.

A Yamaha R6 at 17,000 doesn't sound too bad either. I kind of like the dirt bike wound of a 090. Feels kinda good too when the ground shakes (15 ft. away) near one while it's 60" bar is buried in wood. It's a bit like a top fuel car for wood, the brute torque of 137cc's.

Any saw that is shut off. A nice sounding engine was the 5-valve per cylinder Yamaha FZ750 with a 4 into one Kerker exhaust at 11000 rpm. Single cylinder 2-strokes sound annoying at best. Love the smell though lol.

Yes Simon I must agree that those big two stroke race bikes hit an amazingly mean lik

now can yousay you don't like the sound of a dozen old school 2 strokes when the gate drops. that sound makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. just don't get that sound out of the 4stk's.

Or a 1979 Honda CBX 1050 inline 6 cylinder
with twin 3 into 1 pipes at 10k.

Lee

I REALLY like the sound of my Husqvarna 55 its woods ported with a muffler mod and even though its not 6 cubes like all of you are comparing it Sounds like it! Ill try to find a vid

Since we're devolving the subject into bikes, I'll just hook it off to its extreme and say the best piston sound on earth is a 540ci DT466 with a tuned header spooling up 4 turbos at 6000 out of the hole. Second is a methanol injected Allison launching at 4k.

You've all got it totally wrong. The best sounding chainsaw is one of my chinese pos that sounds like a 4 cylinder diesel tractor firing on 3 cylinders with smoke screen to match. Me and my neighbours now all wear deaf aids and mostly use sign language if we want a chat. Darn thing still won't self destruct though, that's probably becoz it won't cut wood but it's very good at slicing ice cream and Orios.

A Yamaha R6 at 17,000 doesn't sound too bad either. I kind of like the dirt bike wound of a 090. Feels kinda good too when the ground shakes (15 ft. away) near one while it's 60" bar is buried in wood. It's a bit like a top fuel car for wood, the brute torque of 137cc's.

r6 is nice but id say for a sport/ super sport id give it to the demi-god of supersports the mv agusta f4
MV Agusta F4R 309 kmh in Monza - YouTube that bike is like the 076 of saws

Latest posts

Back