Sawdust in Gloves Poll *OFFICIAL*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatya do about chips in yer gloves

• Total voters
Don't wear gloves...best cure. lol-just joking
No i usually wear the rubber dipped palm side ones in the summer..chips can't get in there a tight fit. and in the winter when I where leather gloves I tuck my sleave into them

Curl over the outer(Closest to the hand) edge of the wrist overs in winter.
Still end up cussing one or two that get wedged under a fingernail though.

No issues with the Dolmar and boarhide gloves getting chips in 'em in warm weather because of the wrist cinch. It's the chips in the Speedo that are the problem!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

During cutting season, I will usually go thru 10 to 15 pairs of Harbor Freight leather gloves. They feel great, and break in easy.

As for the saw chips, once the holes wear in the fingers, they just fall right out.

I wear the same type of gloves, cheap, cause I'm always losing them. I have to try them on first though, the size doesn't seem to be consistent, about every second pair is too small for me.

Plus one on the holes in the fingers.

I do have some fancier ones I wear on special days with my yoga pants, but thats another thread...........

:mad:

I have never had any problems with sawdust, I can't imagine what you are talking about. Sawdust, in where?

SawdustShower.jpg

No issues with the Dolmar and boarhide gloves getting chips in 'em in warm weather because of the wrist cinch. It's the chips in the Speedo that are the problem!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I had the same problem, I just got a tighter fitting one. My original cure was to go bare assed, I figured the PPE police would come after me for that one.

That just ain't right.:)
Turn your bar oiler up, that helps keep the chaffing down, when the chips get in your bloomers!:greenchainsaw:

Stihl gloves with elasticated wrists. No sawdust problem at all.

Here I always thought I was a Swedish-American; now I might just be a Finn (or Pole, Russian, French, etc., LOL!)

When the weather is cold enough to require gloves or choppers, I just thought that one must grit their teeth and put up with chips in their gloves.

Tillman drivers gloves. Good quality leather,consistant fit, easy on and off, reasonable price. Shake em out every now and then.

No gloves...

...is that why I get no love?

Back