Sawmill planer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trever

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Turns out this planer matcher is a 4 head No. 08 built in 1916. I am still waiting to go and get it; hopefully tomorrow or Friday if it's not raining.
Here is an email that I received from Matt Strouse (Hermance owner's Joe Strouse's son).

Our records are showing that to be a No. 8 – 24” x 8” Planer & Matcher that was shipped from Williamsport, PA on 9/22/1916. It was shipped to Tennessee and sold again in 1952. It is unclear whether that machine came back to Hermance for a rebuild (very likely) or if the new owner called in and we updated ledger. If it came back for a rebuild there should be a brass tag on the machine saying that it was rebuilt by Hermance.

He estimates the machine to weigh around 8000#.

Trever

Trever

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Very nice planner. I sure wish I could find one for $200. There's been two come up on craigslist in the last couple of days and both were $1000

I'll keep a look out for you. I missed a JS Graham earlier this year. It was a single head surfacer and sold for $250.

I will have to put a hold on getting the matcher today. My wife and I had a niece and nephew that spent the night with us and he has football today. I would much rather spend time with them then fooling around getting the matcher. The matcher is not going anywhere and time flies with younguns growing up.

Trever

Latest posts