saws for sale....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldsawnut

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yea I know the guy who got the 84.... Got it home checked it out a little more and the bearings are totally shot... To the point the case might be hosed. Now I'm glad I didn't go look at it :) Although he was able to get it for 400 instead of the 600 asking price.

adkranger

adkranger

Addicted to ArboristSite
How many jumped all over this thread thinking that Lake was selling some nice saws?? Be honest.

I think it's a sheer numbers game out there with PNW's G.L. More saws/sawyers per capita, floods the used saw market meaning more listed at reasonable rates. We need a couple "agents" out their to scout, pick up and ship for us.:monkey:

andrewspens

andrewspens

ArboristSite Operative
Saw them

Didn't look to be a little old lady who had no idea what they were sitting on, so I didn't go out. I would rather find the people who think because its old, its not worth anything.

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Yea I know the guy who got the 84.... Got it home checked it out a little more and the bearings are totally shot... To the point the case might be hosed. Now I'm glad I didn't go look at it :) Although he was able to get it for 400 instead of the 600 asking price.

$400 is high for one with a hosed case... Unless it's a heck of a deal, I'd never buy an 084 or 088 without checking the bearings on site. I even take my Makita impact wrench with a long torx - pull the muffer right there.. Never had anyone refuse, and if they did I'd likely walk away. Of course, it helps to be a local Stihl tech ;)

Dennis Cahoon

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
One man's junk is another man's treasure.....that's for sure!

How many jumped all over this thread thinking that Lake was selling some nice saws?? Be honest. :monkey:

To be honest.....I thought we were gonna see another JBweld lesson......Hahahahahaha!

DSC_53282028Medium292028229.jpg

Last edited:
Oldsawnut

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
I called a little while ago on the echo one.. I will pick up tonight if still there. Ex-Lanscape business has trimmers and other stuff to check out as well. Sounded like a good kid... The dad was sleeping at the time.

Latest posts