Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo CS-351VL

Ain't it cute!

attachment.php
Ahh

I haven't seen one of these on this post so I thought I'd share. Not sure of the age but I'm sure it's older than 20.

I have two saws (070S and pro 55) in my collection. I like the Alpina's as they had a nice design. They are not shining in the weight/power ratio however..

070sasmall.jpg

Alpina saws were quite popular in our area in the eighties but finding parts for them is getting very difficult. I was able to make one running from 2 parts saws. B@tch saws to work on..., grrrr. The automatic oiler is also a uniqe design :cry:

I am still looking for the 90 cc and 120 cc alpina's to complete the collection.

Looks Like a Italian spin on a ProMac1010

Scott

here are a couple of my homelites one running, my dad's old vi-200 i inherited when he passed, the other is my 6-60 in the process of restoring now.
attachment.php
[/IMG]
attachment.php

I haven't seen one of these on this post so I thought I'd share. Not sure of the age but I'm sure it's older than 20.

Thanks for posting that one. I remember them from working at the Allis Chalmers dealership when I just got out of high school.

Started there in 1977, wish I would have scooped up some of the Allis branded saws back then.

We sold quite a few of them and I keep an eye out for them, as there probably stuck in a barn near here.

If you look at post 56 in this thread you will see my CVA (countervibe) version of these saws.

Last edited:
Here's my Pioneer NU-17. For a little saw, it's ranks as one of my heaviest!

Edit: just weighed it. As is with a 12" bar.....23LBS!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just looking for an IPL so I can tear it down. Have had it fire for a second or two, but that's it. Need to get into it so I can order a carb kit.

Last edited:
Here's my Pioneer NU-17. For a little saw, it's ranks as one of my heaviest!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just looking for an IPL so I can tear it down. Have had it fire for a second or two, but that's it. Need to get into it so I can order a carb kit.

I'm not surprised its heavy, its 89cc.. should look nice with a paint job.

Back