Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]This Husqvarna 480 CD is over 20 years old.:chainsaw:

Wow thats really nice. I just picked one up in a lot of saws I got, hope mine turns out that nice.

Looks Good Bob!

That's just about right for an old retired guy to lug around in the woods. You could build a nice little firewood business around that saw. Classic looks, sound and big grunt power! Good Score.......Other Bob:clap:

A little rubbing compound, paste wax, and some citrus-shine and that thing will like brand-new, no problem.

Thanks, ya its in pretty good shape. Needs a little cleaning. I got a Jet clean parts washer at work, I've been putting saws in there, works awesome, makes em look like new. I just put the 371 in there today, came out great!!!

That's just about right for an old retired guy to lug around in the woods. You could build a nice little firewood business around that saw. Classic looks, sound and big grunt power! Good Score.......Other Bob:clap:
Got a few more months to go,, have two dead motorcycles in the gargage, the wood and saws are on hold.:censored:
Beside it's getting cool!!

Does my 266SE count? It must be around 20 years old. It's the old coarse-thread clutch type if that helps.

Woodyman, The saws are 100cc and the powerhead weighs about 18 3/4 lbs. They are not true Macs but re-badged Partner p100s. Mac at this time was getting away from higher cc saws as demand was lowering.
I have been pleased with the power for slabbing up hardwood and large crosscutting. For firewood and smaller work I still love my old Stihl 028. I have a few other saws as well but have weeded out most of my problem units. The guy I bought these from said he chose the saws not so much for chain speed but for torque - as slabbing with an alaskan mill puts much demand on a saw. Slabbing does require you to give full throttle for long duration. They both have vibration isolation, electronic ignition and a chain brake. Made in Sweden

That Alpina is unique looking, thats for sure. I'm not sure I have ever seen one around here. I would like to know more about them.

I don't know much about it myself. It was my grandfathers. He gave it to me in '94 or so. I remember him using it when I was a little kid. Maybe '83/84? All I know about it is 70cc's 20"bar auto lube, but does have an manual oil plunger also, has an auto chain tensioner. Not sure on the HP. Weighs in at a whopping 23lbs gas, oil and bar. Forget about parts. None in the states as far a I can tell. I've only seen one other one here in CT local to me. There was an old Stihl dealer around here that used to carry them.

Last edited:
I don't know much about it myself. It was my grandfathers. He gave it to me in '94 or so. I remember him using it when I was a little kid. Maybe '83/84? All I know about it is 70cc's 20"bar auto lube, but does have an manual oil plunger also, has an auto chain tensioner. Not sure on the HP. Weighs in at a whopping 23lbs gas, oil and bar. Forget about parts. None in the states as far a I can tell. I've only seen one other one here in CT local to me. There was an old Stihl dealer around here that used to carry them.

I have two saws (070S and pro 55) in my collection. I like the Alpina's as they had a nice design. They are not shining in the weight/power ratio however..

070shsmall.jpg

070sasmall.jpg

Alpina saws were quite popular in our area in the eighties but finding parts for them is getting very difficult. I was able to make one running from 2 parts saws. B@tch saws to work on..., grrrr. The automatic oiler is also a uniqe design :cry:

I am still looking for the 90 cc and 120 cc alpina's to complete the collection.

Last edited:
Back