Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's a few more of my old saws,
08sm.jpg

Stihl 08s
1Medium-1.jpg

2Medium2.jpg

Solo 611, looks good but it has busted rings & no spark.
3270Large.jpg

Pioneer 3270, restored now in retirement
BlitzLarge.jpg

Blitz 501, my favourite 50cc firewood saw, it even blitzed my Dolmar 115i, so i sold it.

Modifiedmark
I got a craftsman that's built by poulan that looks excatly like that

Yep, Sears contracted Poulan for a slew of them. Same saw's just different colors.

Is your Craftsman a counter vibe(CVA) model or a regular S25DA.

I'm trying to remember if any Craftsman's came with the antivibe handles of this model. I'm thinking not, but really can't remember.

820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Last edited:
7oaks

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
And then there's these.....
attachment.php

Winners all!......Bob :greenchainsaw:
Boy do those Skil saws bring back memories. I had one - it was my first chain saw. The first tree I used it on was a 80 ft larch. The blade pinched and then the tree rotated and the saw fell under the log as it came to ground. Only damage was a hole punched in the fuel tank. That evening my buddy Dave and I drank a few Buds then cut one of the cans up and used some epoxy and sealed the tank up good and it ran for a few years after that - until I purchased a used Mac 10-10. I guess that was about 1975 or so. Wish I still had that saw, just for the memories!

...Carl

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Hey 7oaks! One of these was my second saw. First was a Poulan 3400. If you were to lay your cards just right there is a good possibility you could end up with one or so of these for old times sake! ...:greenchainsaw: ...Bob

7oaks

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Hey 7oaks! One of these was my second saw. First was a Poulan 3400. If you were to lay your cards just right there is a good possibility you could end up with one or so of these for old times sake! ...:greenchainsaw: ...Bob

Hey Bob...

Didn't know I had any cards left in my hand. :greenchainsaw: What's the anti to get back in the game? :cheers:

...Carl

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Either one of those Skils for shipping only. Both have compression and should run. Or, what have you got for trade? I'm always looking for Homelite 290,340,360,410,540. or 9900 parts. In Jonsereds, anything from 49 to 920. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of and a wish list! BAD CAD!:greenchainsaw: Bob