Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of my old ones..

The SP 80 is in the start of being restored...My lasted addition is my Minimac6..Last owner said it dont have any power,,no wonder,,he was trying to pull a 16 inch bar with it!!!! :dizzy:

Hey Bama...(Post #20)

One year ago I had 5 saws, the Strunk for looking at, the Jonsered 2050 for light work, my Jonsered 621 that just failed a bearing, and my Stihl 036.

I got interested in fixing the 621 and getting one old McCulloch like my old saw.

Then I read the "Old Giants" thread...

Well, the rest is pretty interesting.

Mark

My first and only (so far) saw

ry%3D480

Older'n me...

I think anyways... The SuperXL's jumped up and bit me a couple times when I was younger...

attachment.php

Two Macs, a PM700 and a Mac-15. The PM700 is dirty because I just ran it to buck up some Ponderosa pine. I don't usually "collect" old saws (I like to buy runners), but that old Mac-15 was just too "pretty" to pass up. The PM700 is 70cc and the Mac-15 is 80cc.

attachment.php

Here's Solo 655AV runner that I picked up this weekend from a Stihl dealer for less than the price of a trip to Appleby's.

attachment.php

attachment.php
You don't see many of these still working :greenchainsaw: .......Bob

Hey Chowdozer! Were going to have to race the gear drives. Have to take a break for lunch though if the wood is over 48 inches :givebeer:

Hey can i get 1 off of ya?

]This is one of my saws that I use for climbing. A Homelite 775 G with a clearing bar that is running 1/2 inch pitch chain.

It does run and work.

I took the pictures after I got it running under it own power.

Larry

Last edited:
]This is one of my saws that I use for climbing. A Homelite 775 G with a clearing bar that is running 1/2 inch pitch chain.

It does run and work.

I took the pictures after I got it running under it own power.

Larry

I have one of those big old Holmelites and I guarantee you I will never use it as a climbing saw, I use a Oleo Mac 950 AFF and now my 026`s for that work. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Back