Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite Zip
386493173_8zrJX-M.jpg

Mac 10-10A LH
379061136_rqt8j-M.jpg

Homelite Super XL-925
343365560_85psn-M.jpg

Mac 1-52. Currently in a box, in pieces, cleaned up, waiting on a crank.
367859104_cPLhd-M.jpg

Stihl S10
368752408_gV7Nt-M.jpg

Stihl 07S
270999612_jYd99-M-1.jpg

Stihl 08S
265473284_SWjqU-M.jpg

Stihl 045AV Super
308320949_ZQyEu-M.jpg

Recent purchases.

Saws2.jpg

Got this one back in March, in a box now, waiting on a new condenser.

Stihl2.jpg

Some oldies in this pic too

Saws.jpg

Thanks. A lot of time represented there:dizzy:

Do you completely tear them down and repaint them? I'd like to do that if I had more time, but I am kind of inept about putting 5h1t back together right. And if I am going to use a saw a lot I won't bother making it all pretty, I like having a few ugly ones.

Do you completely tear them down and repaint them? I'd like to do that if I had more time, but I am kind of inept about putting 5h1t back together right. And if I am going to use a saw a lot I won't bother making it all pretty, I like having a few ugly ones.

Every last one of them has been torn down and cleaned. Most of them all the way down to the crankshaft. That way I know what I've got and can make them right. Some I painted and others are original. A couple have acrylic urethane! I don't let a project set around very long. Once I start them I like to finish them ASAP. I hate leaving a project undone.

Last edited:
20081005004.jpg

hehe i could post this parts saw i have also the above air filter i think can qualify for 20 years old

20071129003.jpg

this part here unknown what it goes to or what it is i just know it has to be old

20080120009.jpg

im sorry i dont have that many saws to post
calvin

Some very cool old saws there. You've definately got your work cut out for you cleaning all those up:clap: Have you run any of them yet?

I had a few of them running a couple of years ago, but never cut with them. These were all saws that my grandfather used "back in the day". I understand why he thought his Mac 10-10 was the greatest saw ever.

got a few to play with, i would like to know more about my Homelite Zip. i just inhereted it since a few around me know i have a thing for saws.

Last edited:
These Should be "Old Enough" !

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm sure that these two are "old enough" to get me back into Troll's good graces! I am curious though about which of the Husky's are too young? I did find a start date on the 51 as 1990 but no start dates on the 257, 262xp, 272xp. and 281xp...............Bob :confused:

As a side note: Not counting muffler mods only 5 of those Husky's are stock!

Last edited:
Sheesh Farley!!!! Just cuz they're called CHAINsaws, doesn't mean you can actually cut CHAIN with them! :greenchainsaw: Haha it already looks like you tried to cut through your wheelwell!

My dad has an old David Bradley monster up on the shelf in the solarium, I am pretty sure my little Mac 110 is older than 20! :givebeer: I'll get a pic of the old DB and get on here.

Back