Saws over 20 years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]This Husqvarna 480 CD is over 20 years old.:chainsaw:

Wow thats really nice. I just picked one up in a lot of saws I got, hope mine turns out that nice.

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Looks Good Bob!

That's just about right for an old retired guy to lug around in the woods. You could build a nice little firewood business around that saw. Classic looks, sound and big grunt power! Good Score.......Other Bob:clap:

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
A little rubbing compound, paste wax, and some citrus-shine and that thing will like brand-new, no problem.

Thanks, ya its in pretty good shape. Needs a little cleaning. I got a Jet clean parts washer at work, I've been putting saws in there, works awesome, makes em look like new. I just put the 371 in there today, came out great!!!

bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
That's just about right for an old retired guy to lug around in the woods. You could build a nice little firewood business around that saw. Classic looks, sound and big grunt power! Good Score.......Other Bob:clap:
Got a few more months to go,, have two dead motorcycles in the gargage, the wood and saws are on hold.:censored:
Beside it's getting cool!!

Catnap

Catnap

ArboristSite Lurker
Woodyman, The saws are 100cc and the powerhead weighs about 18 3/4 lbs. They are not true Macs but re-badged Partner p100s. Mac at this time was getting away from higher cc saws as demand was lowering.
I have been pleased with the power for slabbing up hardwood and large crosscutting. For firewood and smaller work I still love my old Stihl 028. I have a few other saws as well but have weeded out most of my problem units. The guy I bought these from said he chose the saws not so much for chain speed but for torque - as slabbing with an alaskan mill puts much demand on a saw. Slabbing does require you to give full throttle for long duration. They both have vibration isolation, electronic ignition and a chain brake. Made in Sweden

Squirrel72

Squirrel72

ArboristSite Lurker
That Alpina is unique looking, thats for sure. I'm not sure I have ever seen one around here. I would like to know more about them.

I don't know much about it myself. It was my grandfathers. He gave it to me in '94 or so. I remember him using it when I was a little kid. Maybe '83/84? All I know about it is 70cc's 20"bar auto lube, but does have an manual oil plunger also, has an auto chain tensioner. Not sure on the HP. Weighs in at a whopping 23lbs gas, oil and bar. Forget about parts. None in the states as far a I can tell. I've only seen one other one here in CT local to me. There was an old Stihl dealer around here that used to carry them.

Last edited:
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I don't know much about it myself. It was my grandfathers. He gave it to me in '94 or so. I remember him using it when I was a little kid. Maybe '83/84? All I know about it is 70cc's 20"bar auto lube, but does have an manual oil plunger also, has an auto chain tensioner. Not sure on the HP. Weighs in at a whopping 23lbs gas, oil and bar. Forget about parts. None in the states as far a I can tell. I've only seen one other one here in CT local to me. There was an old Stihl dealer around here that used to carry them.

I have two saws (070S and pro 55) in my collection. I like the Alpina's as they had a nice design. They are not shining in the weight/power ratio however..

070shsmall.jpg

070sasmall.jpg

Alpina saws were quite popular in our area in the eighties but finding parts for them is getting very difficult. I was able to make one running from 2 parts saws. B@tch saws to work on..., grrrr. The automatic oiler is also a uniqe design :cry:

I am still looking for the 90 cc and 120 cc alpina's to complete the collection.

Last edited:

Latest posts