Saws to not bring home, ever!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap ass Homeowner chinka McCullochs sold in the UK to people who shouldn't own power tools

Depending on the model of Olympic I would be more likely to take that

The Olympic I used seem to be fine when cutting wood, odd things happened it locked up and I broke it loose and it would run fine but it seemed to be made cheap the throttle lock was broke so it was hard to start I had to tie a bungee cord around the throttle it was dangerous it was not mine but it cut more wood then the o31 I only had the Olympic for a week and the o31 for 2 years without cutting anything.

Some of the newer cheapo Homelites I don't even look at when I see used ones. I have one in my shop I got for free but haven't done anything with it as it's not worth fixing.

i take home almost any saw but to tell you the truth almost 80% of them end up at the shooting range :D i actually had a bit of fun shooting junker saws that ran even. only one that made it past a single shot was a homelite xl12. i actually think it lasted 3 shots :laugh:. i should have really filmed it. i once had a david bradley catch on fire from a 45/70.

i take home almost any saw but to tell you the truth almost 80% of them end up at the shooting range :D i actually had a bit of fun shooting junker saws that ran even. only one that made it past a single shot was a homelite xl12. i actually think it lasted 3 shots :laugh:. i should have really filmed it. i once had a david bradley catch on fire from a 45/70.
Your avitar picture makes a lot more sense now.

I picked up a newer homelite "PRO" HAHAHHAHHAHA 46cc. Looked brand new so I figured what the heck. Got it for 40 bucks.

Pretty sure that saw had an intake leak. Bar and chain fit my echo though (it wasn't even safety chain!) So I kept that and got 20 bucks out of the powerhead at my yard sale.

My father in law had a newer homelite, 16" bar. Looked brand new and the clutch went out of it. I replaced the clutch just so he'd have a running cutting saw, that was the quietest most choked up muffler I've heard on a saw. Sounded wide open like my old Garelli moped with ear plugs in. A quick drill of the muffler and it wasn't too bad of a saw for a bulky under powered clumsy piece of trash.

Saws I never want to repair or work on not beucase they run poorly but they are designed to be hard to work on.
Stihl 015, Husqvarna 41, Any Mini Mac, Jonsered 520, Homelite 410

any of those old top handled Homelites whether the casted bodies or the plastic ones. Never had any luck with those. Also the mini macs of the same era. Those saws were the best thing that ever happened for Stihl and Jonsered and Husky.

Craftsman 55cc, run great, starts easy, heavy, no tourque, and impossible to find parts for, makes a great loaner saw lol

Latest posts

Back