Say it ain't so...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

74inchshovel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Judging by their web site, looks like Vermeer discontinued the 372. It's no longer listed in their equipment offerings, if this is the case I really doubt the wisdom of this decision. You now have the choice of a Kohler powered hydraulic track machine at 40 hp, or a 35 horse gasser as replacements. Had this been the case when I was looking at a new grinder, would have gone with another make other than my 372. Unless I am mistaken, kohler has very little diesel experience, and tracks seem a negative to me. Anyone have any insights on this?

Kohler has no diesel expertise itself. They did however, buy out Lombardini a few years ago. Lombardini has a long history of building small diesel engines.
Jeff

Judging by their web site, looks like Vermeer discontinued the 372. It's no longer listed in their equipment offerings, if this is the case I really doubt the wisdom of this decision. You now have the choice of a Kohler powered hydraulic track machine at 40 hp, or a 35 horse gasser as replacements. Had this been the case when I was looking at a new grinder, would have gone with another make other than my 372. Unless I am mistaken, kohler has very little diesel experience, and tracks seem a negative to me. Anyone have any insights on this?

Someone mentioned me, that around the end of this year a new wheeled machine may be announced. Really looking forward to it.

You actually like this machine? I'v never heard a positive thing about them.
Engines have always be weak.

If your referring to the 372, then yes I do like it-a lot. There is at least one other person on here who has one and last I heard he is of the same opinion. There are things I would like different, like canning the operator presence on it, more sweep, but at the end of the day it has the qualities I value- simplicity, reliability, great support from dealer and manufacturer.

Acc to my dealer kohler is coming out with a 38hp efi eng to rep the carb engine as they have had
so much trouble with it, mine went out at 545 hrs and they replaced it with a new long block but
no guarantee, wish I had known about the new efi eng, better yet I should have gone diesel....

so imho stay away from the kohler big block carb engine. bandit now offering briggs as option
instead of kohler....

Bob....:barbecue:

Bob, any Info if the efi appears this year?

Back