scheduling work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do you guys schedule your commercial jobs? Let's say you get a job doing pruning, or removals at a commercial / corporate park where people are coming and going daily.

You can go at it like this. First you see when the bulk of the employes are going to arrive. Second see when the majority of the costumers arrive. Try to arrive after they get in so traffic will slow down. Or you can cone off the spot you'll be working in and get started before they arrive. This way they'll know where you'll be working for the day or x amount of hours. Sometimes you can get in touch with the grounds people and schedual with them. As you can probably tell there are a few avenues to go down. Plus last but not least you need a ground person to watch for high traffic areas. So a)you don't do any property or personal dammage and b)you'll be able to get something done with out the head ach of worring about property and people. I hope this helps you out a little.BB

Brian, I know how to handle it, I was just wondering if there are any ways around working Sundays? I picked up a pruning job today which a lot of the stuff is over the parking lot which is full all week long, and saturdays for the most part, from probably 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ROUGHLY I am wondering if there is a way around this other than working Sunday, the people who help me out frown on working that day.

Down here in the south things move slow.

They call us when they need us, which is cool. School Board, Fl. dept. of Transportation, two garden clubs, and a few other nic-nacks around here. I sure wish I could find a climber that had all his teeth.:p

I hear ya on the Sunday thing Treeman82? Have I told you that I live in the south yet.:eek:

Ever heard of BLUE LAWS, we got'em. Hell, we might still be a dry county.:confused:

Brian, I am free to do this pretty much whenever I want. I just have to let him know when I will do it.

Originally posted by monkeypuzzle
I sure wish I could find a climber that had all his teeth.:p

I am missing a bunch of my teeth but then I don't smile that much. Hmm, where was that bar I was in last night? :D

Originally posted by treeman82
Brian, I know how to handle it, I was just wondering if there are any ways around working Sundays? I picked up a pruning job today which a lot of the stuff is over the parking lot which is full all week long, and saturdays for the most part, from probably 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ROUGHLY I am wondering if there is a way around this other than working Sunday, the people who help me out frown on working that day.

--------------------------------------------------

Treeman82,

Guess I am not following what it is your after. As I can read into your posts some missing keys. But not clear as to how many jobs you have.

But, I will try to help you with the following:

1.) Have you any signage, e.g.; NO PARKING - TREE WORK from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx, CARS PARKED IN THIS AREA ON THESE DATES, WILL BE TOWED AT OWNER'S
EXPENSE. (cones with stake and tape - have not failed me yet, along with signage). People aware of tree branches falling about their vehicles are usually more than happy to comply.

2.) Are you overbooked? Than you may need to identify a portion of your contract and sub to another Arbor care firm. Or split up your crew, use key personel on job requiring the least supervision and hire temporary workers to fill the gap. NO need to work Sunday.

3.) Take a 2.5 ton or 3.5 ton floor jack with you in the event you need to move a car or pickup. Jack steering wheels up - floor jack handle will serve as steering for you, have plenty of "push" help. (If larger vehicle(s)than pickups try dynamite - ha, ha, only joking).

If this does not help, please clarify the situation more specifically.

Ever thought of working at night. This can work if there are lights in the parking lot. I have done a few midnight removals in busy parking lots.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back