Scheppach?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They used to be a decent brand. Bit like metabo. Now it's just a label. The german DYI stores often carry it. Mostly Chinese crap. But somtimes nice stuff. Just like Atika, Woodster Holzman. Chinese stuff for the people who don't have a clue. Sounds german so it must be better than the Other brand.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

They only "make" powertools. But I've seen all kinds of old Scheppach labeled stuff in German barns. I think they where very active in the rebuilding after WW2 period.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

That's pretty interesting, I wonder what intake system it has?

Like so many brands these days, their old tools are good and the new tools are a made in who-knows-where crapshoot.

That's pretty interesting, I wonder what intake system it has?
Yeah, I don't know. Looking at the muffler a bit more, it is not quite like the G3800/GZ4000 muffler, although it is close. The muffler in the Zenoah design comes almost all the way to the bottom of the saw. Here, to make room for the oil tank they have shortened the bottom part of the muffler. This is the G3800 design on a clone - notice the lower half of the muffler:
EQ38-Muffler.jpg

It looks like they are taking a little bit of design features from the 543xp/gz4300 in the case construction.

I believe their saw industry is starting to make much more significant modifications the original Zeonah designs, beyond just changing the appearance with different plastic.

Look for Partner P4700 and compare . It looks similar . Maybe a G3800 modified case?

P4700.
01kblupp635689081438113826.jpg

I have the complete IPL for the Partner 5118, which is similar construction. I think it's an interesting saw as a clamshell with a partial metal case, although they were not sold here - but the muffler appears to be completely different. Also no obvious cast-in bucking spike like on the small Zenoahs.

Attachments

• PPOI2006_AAaa_V380000003_.pdf
    147.3 KB · Views: 9
Thats a copy of a zenoah g2500ts with a little nicer covering. These are good knock around saws.

That guy got torched by guys on ....o....p....e.... For his chinese chainsaw review. The typical response includes buying a husqvarna or stihl, no one ever says buy an efco.

Zenoah makes some really good trimmers and saws. Their trimmers are sold in the under the redmax name, saw sales in the us stopped in 2015(?).

Thats a copy of a zenoah g2500ts with a little nicer covering. These are good knock around saws.

That guy got torched by guys on ....o....p....e.... For his chinese chainsaw review. The typical response includes buying a husqvarna or stihl, no one ever says buy an efco.

Yup although I'd say the scheppach csp2540 is the best of all the g2500 clones, mine's modded and ~1.5yrs worn-in and I still love it, still the 1st saw I take up almost every time (would go back and get a 2511t if I could do it again, worth the extra $270 to get that high-end of a chainsaw, but for $135 - shipped w/ a 10" Oregon setup - the scheppach is worth every penny in fact I almost got a second one so I could port mine but then got my 355t so back-shelved that, if I decide to get into porting it'll certainly be via a 2nd Schepp csp2540!)

It's a shame he got torched on OPE, I post there am gg try finding that thread so I can post to it because that kid (love2boat92)'s video definitely helped me in choosing the schepp-version (there's like 4+ varying-quality g2500 clones being sold like hot-cakes on ebay/amazon, have found the others have problems from bar fitment to oilers etc, can confidently say mine is an incredibly high-quality machine I don't just mean it cuts fast/buries a 12" all day but I mean metal inserts where many saws would've had a bolt going into plastic, nice airbox, just no detail on it I'd complain about except "why come you're not a 2511t?" lol ;) )

And Re "typical response includes buying husq or stihl"....yup!!! Will never understand how Stihl remains relevant with how badly they overcharge, if I'm spending >$600 then efco or husq(540xp) are fair products but a 201t? Wouldn't trade my 355t for a 201t (it is the fastest of the 3 companies' "big climbsaws", can link comparison vid!), in fact the fact Echo isn't the most-popular, by leaps&bounds, still surprises me I mean it's not their warranties or trial-periods but simply that they make some of the best gear available yet they're MSRP'ing it at like 1/2 to 2/3rd of what the other companies do, yet I'll bet the 201t outsells 355t's and - hate saying it - but bet Stihl somehow sold more 150t's than echo's sold 2511t's :/

To anyone considering one, for $135 you should just go for it I mean I got mine w/ the "it's cheap / it'll be a beater saw" mindset but fell in love with it, if I were somehow deluded/tricked into belief that it was a rebadged-but-authentic echo/husq unit that MSRP'd at $250 I wouldn't blink or think twice, it is BY FAR the best value saw I own (and the 355t for $350 is a frickin' steal) and still the most 'fun' / simplest / most-convenient to use, just PLEASE remove that goofy 1.5" deep front "bumper' that holds the dogs, it's stealing 1.5" of bar-length, and the handguard(for chainbrake) is obnoxiously large I shaved the top&bottom quarters off and then carved a window through the remainder, so much 'cleaner' now :D Had been using a 12" for most of the time I had it but recently played with a 10" and 15.25" on it, currently it sits with the 15.25" so I can get more time in with that bar but I may very well be swapping-up over the 12" (you can *bury* a 12" with this thing, I only swap-up saws when bar-length is holding me back, it's never powerhead-power and mine's basically stock just airbox & muff mods and normal 'good care' & great fuel ;D ) If mine broke tomorrow, I'd buy another - even though an echo 2511t is in my future - because sometimes you're simply in situations where you don't want your nicer(ie more-expensive) gear in-use, having a ~$100 saw that's basically a heavy 2511t/150t is an easy choice IMO :)

Back