scored some wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdboy9

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I went to an auction on Friday night then Saturday morning moved what I bought. I got about 7500 Bdft total for $800 half cherry rest mixture of oak and ash 4/4 about 12-15 years old.

I haven't had a change to sort and stack it, by the time I got back home I just wanted it out of the truck so I could take it back. I had it in a penske truck figured about 24000 lbs or so in it, think it was overloaded??? oooppsss

WOW , guess this would go under the catagory of being at the right place at the right time :wave:

Sellin or buildin with it ?

Well I went to an auction on Friday night then Saturday morning moved what I bought. I got about 7500 Bdft total for $800 half cherry rest mixture of oak and ash 4/4 about 12-15 years old.

I haven't had a change to sort and stack it, by the time I got back home I just wanted it out of the truck so I could take it back. I had it in a penske truck figured about 24000 lbs or so in it, think it was overloaded??? oooppsss

Great find at that price even if the stuff is #2 common... gosh that much lumber for that price, you can't hardly mill it for that even if you don't charge yourself anything for time. Nice score.

The sad thing is I had to leave about 600 bdft behind that one of the other guys bought and couldn't handle it was all ash but still sucks I had to leave it there. I took a look at the truck and since it was on the stoppers on both axles I decided to stop while I was ahead :)

I bought half of what was there there were two piles of walnut another pile of white/red oak and some mostly ash pile. I bid on the oak pile and one walnut pile stopped at 450 on each of them but it would have been well worth the money I probably could have got all 14000+ bdft for around $2000 :)

I'm going to be building with it I have been buying green and dried stuff but could never even touch the prices I got...Man all the hard work sure pays off in the end I feel great about it.

As far as the what the wood is everything in the barn was cut green from trees this guy had and he put them up in the barn to dry 16 years ago and just picked away when he needed some he said he already went through a few thousand bdft already. I basically bought whole trees that were milled so everything but the branches was included :greenchainsaw:

Back