Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I noticed that when I got the 460. It will resist a pinch way more than the smaller saws. id like to muffler mod it but I'm afraid to because it runs so good and I don't want to muck it up. Lol.

Just remove the muff cover and drill 2 1/4" holes on the high right side (above where it clears the saw). No deflector needed. Also make sure you pull the carb limiters and make it a bit richer, usually about 1 full turn on the Lo and 1 & 1/16 on the Hi. If you don't like it, just get a new cover and put it back to original.

If you do like it, you may want to advance the timing a bit next.

Ran the 262xp a bit today, I'm thinking its gonna be my go to saw. Only thing my big bore kitted 362xp could do better was noodle up some big pieces of elm. That little 262xp is a sweet saw. Older daughter and I drove around the woods on the ATV looking for all the leaf less trees, sadly I've been hitting the little wood lot hard the last two years so only two trees for me to take from it. I might have to start looking else where......

Started the day salvaging wind damaged birch and maple. The land next to this was logged about ten years ago and there's about a 100 yard swath of trees that have suffered severe wind damage from several storms.

Took lots of logs to make a load but it was solid stuff and easy to handle.

Ran 2 1/2 tanks through the little Echo today. Only dulled one chain cutting a cord and a half of gritty skidded logs so not too shabby.

Breakfast of champions
IMG_8015.JPG

The whole area looks like this.
IMG_8016.JPG IMG_8017.JPG
First batch skidded in.
IMG_8020.JPG IMG_8021.JPG
The muffler modded Echo with the Philbert stick.
IMG_8022.JPG

Ready to split.
IMG_8024.JPG

Latest posts

Back