Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rained all morning, in the afternoon tested my 066 in some big Oak, then tested my brother's MS 460 in a Red Oak crotch, it did real well!

Then I hauled some rounds out of the brush & split them, but I still got lots of rounds to split!
You're like the wood man from Buckin Billy Ray's song!

Less than 2 blocks from my house. I have no room to store firewood . . . but I do need some wood to test chainsaws . . .
IMG_0191.jpg
Seen while walking the dog.

IMG_0193.jpg Got permission from the top to take some wood.

IMG_0194.jpg Ode to DanCan (it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru . . . ). 40V saw to the side.

IMG_0196.jpg
Honestly honey - I thought that was your firewood! I have no idea how it got there. Are you sure that it hasn't always been there?

Philbert

Eab victim?
Recent windstorm scared the homeowner, combined with concerns that EAB was inevitable. Really too bad - they were nice, large trees that could have been trimmed, then treated for about $200 each. Not what my choice would have been.

Philbert

Recent windstorm scared the homeowner, combined with concerns that EAB was inevitable. Really too bad - they were nice, large trees that could have been trimmed, then treated for about $200 each. Not what my choice would have been.

Philbert
I agree. Plus if they didn't have AC they will need it now.

Dropped a few Sugar Maples today, this was the largest and I used my Dr Al ported 460 on it. Boy does that thing cut!

Also was happy the hinge was perfect as there was a shed & garden nearby. My MMWS 362 and Dr Al 026 also got good workouts on the limbs and other trees.

Got paid a little to take them down, and the wood is mine to sell, so I won't complain, but working alone is not always easy. Luckily, the wood can stay put for a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20170601_124644052_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170601_124644052_HDR.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20170601_124700703_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170601_124700703_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20170601_124722560_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170601_124722560_HDR.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 37
Dropped a few Sugar Maples today, this was the largest and I used my Dr Al ported 460 on it. Boy does that thing cut!

Also was happy the hinge was perfect as there was a shed & garden nearby. My MMWS 362 and Dr Al 026 also got good workouts on the limbs and other trees.

Got paid a little to take them down, and the wood is mine to sell, so I won't complain, but working alone is not always easy. Luckily, the wood can stay put for a bit.
Jeez Mike take it easy. Aren't you supposed to be retired? :happy:

Less than 2 blocks from my house. I have no room to store firewood . . . but I do need some wood to test chainsaws . . .
View attachment 582730
Seen while walking the dog.

View attachment 582731 Got permission from the top to take some wood.

View attachment 582732 Ode to DanCan (it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru . . . ). 40V saw to the side.

View attachment 582733
Honestly honey - I thought that was your firewood! I have no idea how it got there. Are you sure that it hasn't always been there?

Philbert

Ah, yes. The Subaru. The intravehicular wood scrounging connoisseur's weapon of choice!

12th Feb 4.jpg

Better 9th Nov 16.jpg

Safety first 9th Nov 16.jpg

Good times. :)

Ah, yes. The Subaru. The intravehicular wood scrounging connoisseur's weapon of choice!

View attachment 582810

Good times. :)

I feel inadequate after seeing that, but still love my car too much to fill that far! I do stick a round down in the footwell, and another on the seat (strapped in of course) but hats off to you Coyboy! :clap:

I feel inadequate after seeing that, but still love my car too much to fill that far! I do stick a round down in the footwell, and another on the seat (strapped in of course) but hats off to you Coyboy! :clap:

Well, I'm sure your wife would love you more if you packed a bit more wood into the car.

In entirely unrelated news, I note in the browsing history that Cowgirl has been searching out divorce lawyers. Should I be worried? Maybe I should try packing more wood into the leather seats of the Subaru?

Well we started the year with three 15 year old cats and will shortly be down to one 16 year old cat. I had our second cat "Little One" (named because he was the runt) into the vet yesterday and sadly he's at the end of his time. I guess 15 and 16 years for what were originally barn cats is a pretty good run.

They were some good scroungers in their younger days when we lived in an old farmhouse.

Here's a couple pictures from his 16th birthday last month.
IMG_7877.JPG IMG_8166.jpg

Latest posts

Back