Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't secure :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Never has been.
Those speeds are crazy. I think I have gotten up to the high 30's on a mountain bike and thought I was going to die. LOL
I did 65mph on my little 20" BMX when I was 15 holding onto the door of my buddies trans am :surprised3:. It was quite scary too, the tires were moving closer and closer to the car and it felt like I was going to crash, that would have left a mark or two lol.

Was sunny and 80 yesterday, might have to build a fire now..View attachment 833952
Supposed to get down to around 50 tonight here, hope to mow in the morning.
Calling for 90 on Tuesday :baba:.
Maybe if I shut off the AC and start a fire I can get acclimated before then :laugh:.

My Daughter came over yesterday and "fixed" several things that were not working on my computer.

She did fix a couple of problems, but I guess created a new one. These things (computers) are getting ridiculous, and I used to be one of the ones "in the know"!!!

Back then, operating systems were called CPM and DOS … this windows stuff is like a complex game and screws up everything!

I sent her an email, don't know if she is up yet.

A few changes to my security setting and everything is A OK again!

I searched for answers on the net, but the info I got was just not specific enough to solve the problem, and I'm very reluctant to do the "wrong" thing.

After all this time, the process should be simpler. When you upgrade something, the old settings s/b retained!

And if you take the time to learn it, in detail, it only takes month or two for them to change it!

With suggestion from Kevin and help from Ramrat over on Ohh Ppp Eeee, I upgraded the Binford 254 today with an auto-return kill switch. I can't tell you how many times I've flooded my 254s forgetting to flip the switch from stop. This one auto returns thanks to being spring loaded. Direct fit, you just have to use a little piece of wire for the ground terminal. This is off of a Husqvarna T540 weed eater. Works awesome!!

93AAC508-C678-48EC-8261-0E66118DB0E8.jpeg

Looks just like it from your pic. Well at least the outside part. I need to tear this thing down and give it new life, so it would be ideal time to swap a decent switch in.

Attachments

• 15915468770962664838129368304368.jpg
    15915468770962664838129368304368.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 15915470293744396220343013436340.jpg
    15915470293744396220343013436340.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Looks just like it from your pic. Well at least the outside part. I need to tear this thing down and give it new life, so it would be ideal time to swap a decent switch in.

I think it will work. Looks like your switch is similar to the original one in my 254. The bottom ground terminal has a 90° angle and then a small hole to put a screw through to ground it. The switch that has the spring auto return as a regular spade on the bottom terminal (just like the top terminal on our original switches). I originally tried to use some crimp connectors and wire to do it "right", however there's not enough room. So, I just took some bare 18 gauge power wire, wrapped it around the terminal good and tucked it underneath the screw as I tightened it. Worked like a charm.

I think it will work. Looks like your switch is similar to the original one in my 254. The bottom ground terminal has a 90° angle and then a small hole to put a screw through to ground it. The switch that has the spring auto return as a regular spade on the bottom terminal (just like the top terminal on our original switches). I originally tried to use some crimp connectors and wire to do it "right", however there's not enough room. So, I just took some bare 18 gauge power wire, wrapped it around the terminal good and tucked it underneath the screw as I tightened it. Worked like a charm.
That's grand! I'll have to get one. Thanks

I really like the return to run switches on the newer saws, also the side tensioners(@svk :laugh: ), and the AV, and the filtration, oh also the flippy caps, and the fuel economy, and the power, and..., but not the inability to work on the carbs electronic side/diagnosing. Just heard of a husky fuel view window leaking a couple weeks ago too, while I figured that could be a problem I hadn't heard it directly until now; I don't hang in the chainsaw forums much either, so maybe it happens more often?

Back