Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had 60"+ in the last few weeks. My first scrounge of 2015 should be sometime in May.
hey clint! since you have all that good white stuff why not try a new invention with snow logs! cooling them hot maine summers with the fresh cooold air of winter during the warm summer wave? ? might be worth your while, while your snow-bound and cabin fevered!

Believe it or not, feeding deer hay, is not recommended by biologists. It fills their belly's but does not provide enough nutrition, and is hard for them to digest. 14% protein livestock grain is recommended for supplemental feeding, and they are very partial to cracked corn. The biggest problem with supplemental feeding, is the bucks driving off the does and their young. Competition is pretty intense.

Dancan where the hell is the at least 50 cord you scrounged last year. I knew you must have been double or triple posting those pics. No one scrounges that much, and the pics looked very familiar. If you run out of wood the proof is in the pudding.

This is some of next years under the mound of snow and the 2 rows .

IMG_20150216_150715.jpg

I've polly got 5 cord of logs out where the tractor is and another cord to pick up at a friends house but these last few weekends have been a right off , hope I can find something close this weekend ..... I know where there's a big dead standing spruce .
No dupe pics , only a 1/3 of a cord at the best in the van per trip LOL

Back