Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done with the shelter for this year . Going to put a floor in next spring . Even ran some lights off my road find generator . Used one of my stainless steel tables as a work bench. View attachment 932998View attachment 932999View attachment 933000View attachment 933001
Where you gonna fit this one Mark :innocent:.
I like the modern box and side/door protectors/trim, looks like it all belong together.
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/bellevue-chevrolet-custom-4x4/7389731930.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.34.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.34.00 PM.png
    423.8 KB · Views: 6
Well I tore into that stihl 390. Top end is toast. figured between parts and charging a bit of labor id have about $100-120 in it. See what he says tomorrow. Kinda doubt he's gonna go for it.
Bummer.
Put an ad up on here asking for one, wouldn't doubt someone has one. Maybe @Country bumpkin could turn you onto one, can't remember which one Mike liked, also @huskihl has built them.

Got almost a bucket of rounds to season, a wheelbarrow load of dead limb rounds that got brought into the house, and 10 logs out of this locust today. Then I scrounged 8 logs out of the next one, about a bucket of rounds, and a few more dead limb rounds. Also got a bucket of rounds from a hackberry near the rd.
I still have a good size cherry near the rd, couple smaller ones, and another smaller locust or two that could come out if I wanted.
Hope to get the good sized cherry done and a stump next to it so I can get the area filled and some gravel on it real soon.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.59.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.00.23 AM.png

Bummer.
Put an ad up on here asking for one, wouldn't doubt someone has one. Maybe @Country bumpkin could turn you onto one, can't remember which one Mike liked, also @huskihl has built them.

Got almost a bucket of rounds to season, a wheelbarrow load of dead limb rounds that got brought into the house, and 10 logs out of this locust today. Then I scrounged 8 logs out of the next one, about a bucket of rounds, and a few more dead limb rounds. Also got a bucket of rounds from a hackberry near the rd.
I still have a good size cherry near the rd, couple smaller ones, and another smaller locust or two that could come out if I wanted.
Hope to get the good sized cherry done and a stump next to it so I can get the area filled and some gravel on it real soon.
View attachment 933190View attachment 933191
Hi Brett. I’ve only tried the oem cylinders. Usually someone has one that has some aluminum transfer on it that I’ve been able to clean up and reuse.

Hi Brett. I’ve only tried the oem cylinders. Usually someone has one that has some aluminum transfer on it that I’ve been able to clean up and reuse.
Thanks for the response Kevin.
Thats what id be looking for, as you know I'm not a fan of supporting the Chinese, or front tensioners :laugh: .

Where you gonna fit this one Mark :innocent:.
I like the modern box and side/door protectors/trim, looks like it all belong together.
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/bellevue-chevrolet-custom-4x4/7389731930.html
Not my style a lot of people use the later beds as the body lines line up but I dont care for it. I have hard enough of a time getting into the 85 4x4 and it's a light 3/4 ton . Only 6600 gvwr .

Looking closer it appears to be a 68 cab replacement on a later frame

Not my style a lot of people use the later beds as the body lines line up but I dont care for it. I have hard enough of a time getting into the 85 4x4 and it's a light 3/4 ton . Only 6600 gvwr .

Looking closer it appears to be a 68 cab replacement on a later frame
My style is rust free, I like most of those lol.
I here you though, if it isn't what you're into, it isn't what you're into.
I think that front bumper looked pretty bad on there myself, that's not my style at all, but someone else here will probably say they like it, even if they don't now that I said it lol.
Out to work on the Excursion, need to do an insert in the head, blew out the old one, the plug, and the coil pack.
First time doing one, shooting for 35min-50min.

Thanks for the response Kevin.
Thats what id be looking for, as you know I'm not a fan of supporting the Chinese, or front tensioners :laugh: .
This one's pretty gouged up on the exhaust side. I'm supposed to have a decision to fix it or not by the end of the week. If he doesn't want to fix it, I may offer him a couple bucks for it.

Refer to this chart when choosing!
98edd4b34c7b950c7f93f45aa2fd9ab0.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much burn anything waste not want not kind of dude but I do have my limits. Lol. Always a couple bottom of the stack pieces that don't make the cut. Anyway, glad to finally have a chance to get back on the wood and get stacking before winter. Filled the trailer and stacked 2 facecord this evening and saw glimpses of a colorful sunset over my shoulder.
a2326a46f7bc3fd69060440820ace5ae.jpg
3b196ec3ed7d644ed2dcebda98a720ea.jpg
a4b0905caaa52e6318c2df3eba6468bb.jpg
dd59d18413afd794806a1bee317da771.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

This is what I’m looking for . Missed it by about 20 minutes but a friend bought it so I can’t be mad . All original truck no work done to it 56k original milesView attachment 933256View attachment 933257
Nice!
I'll keep my eyes out for one needing a bed. That's not a hard find out here though, almost all of them need beds :lol: .

I got the excursion done in 55 min.
The kit had a tool for putting air to the cylinder so you can tell if the valves are open( don't want to nick one of them :cry:), it had the wrong air chuck size and the part it screwed into was an odd size so I had to adapt. It turned out great, I ended up using an air nozzle I use for cleaning saws, just unscrewed the tip and I was in business, unfortunately that was after running around for 15-20min and trying other fixes. I also wasn't sure how deep to run the tap, basically I didn't trust what I read in the directions lol. The other 9 cylinders should be much easier.

Latest posts

Back