Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where you at.
I planted a bunch of Norway Spruce here, no tamarack yet though.

Two counties down and three over in NW Iowa. I planted two rows of the white spruce and one row of the tamaracks. I have intentions on cutting the middle row of spruce trees out when they get to the right size. Still want a couple rows of hybrid willows until the spruce/tamaracks provide enough of a windbreak, if ever. It hasn't been easy getting trees to grow the last two years.

Two counties down and three over in NW Iowa. I planted two rows of the white spruce and one row of the tamaracks. I have intentions on cutting the middle row of spruce trees out when they get to the right size. Still want a couple rows of hybrid willows until the spruce/tamaracks provide enough of a windbreak, if ever. It hasn't been easy getting trees to grow the last two years.
Nice, LOL.
Looked a wee bit chilly over there the other morning, I saw 23 in some areas, we mad it down to 26 near me. I planted 2 rows and plan on cutting some out as well. Ours are under the shade of all the trees there so they are growing very slow, but they've made it through a winter and a real dry spell so I think they'll start to flourish soon. Also now that I'm building the barn I will thin out the trees a lot more in that area to let the sunlight in as we won't be able to see the rd where the barn is anyway, which is why I left the other trees there. I have 8-10 good sized trees to take out there :chainsaw:.

Barn progress.
Did some grading inside today, removed quite a bit of dirt, also grabbed another bunk of 1/2 OSB. I figure I'd take the 10% off by buying 58+ sheets and if they go up in price I can sell them for more than I paid, if they go down I can return them and get my money back. Win win I figure.
Paid for the trusses and the rest of the lumber to build the eves, bracing, and for the facia :envy:. They will be here Tuesday, then I have to bust it out so I can get shingles on it right away.
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.29.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.31.48 PM.png

Going to finally finish cutting up that tree I cut down a couple months ago (or was it just a month ago?). Was waiting for the tick season to end.
Have a few more trees to cut down, nothing too big. I'll post pics when I'm done so you guys can critique my wedges.

In other threads, some people have shared an opinion that they think the larger diameter ECHO shaft may be sturdier, and less prone to damage.

Philbert
I remember seeing that too.
Most everyone I've seen comment on them or that I've personally talked to likes them.
Not long before I bought mine I missed an echo on Craigslist that needed some work for $60 :oops:.

Latest posts

Back