Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you experience no cold water unless you ran it for a while? I have never measured my ceiling temps but they must be 90+ judging from the cold water temps.
All of our water pipes were on the other side of the basement. My stove was connected to a basement fireplace under out living room.

It's been really mild weather here, the nicest weather we've seen in a few weeks. I loaded up the woodstove before I went to bed last night, come out to my living room this morning and it's 74 inside...I'm going to let this fire die lol. Overnight low was only 52.

This is a 180 from Christmas last year, when we got over 3 feet of snow on Christmas and my power was out for over a week. Luckily I have a propane standby generator.

Sorta like the bullet accelerator shooters on TV that thrust the gun forward while shooting and never need reloading? :laugh:
I always loved watching "The Rifleman" reruns when I was a kid. He'd peel off about 25 through a lever action carbine in about 3 seconds.

We still have power, as does my younger daughter, so we went to her house (as was planned) this morning and saw 3 of the grandkids.

My older daughter (in NH) was supposed to come down with my grandson, but they have been w/o power so she cancelled the trip.

My brother was w/o power but got it back 9:30 last night. He only lives about 10 minutes away. A tree came down an took down 6 telephone poles.

Will be at one of the stepsons in the afternoon, and the other one is scheduled to be there.

Still a little windy, but at least the sun is out and it is up to 20*. Sorry for using the *, but there is no degree button and I got tired of typing it!

I always loved watching "The Rifleman" reruns when I was a kid. He'd peel off about 25 through a lever action carbine in about 3 seconds.
I believe Chuck Conners got the role because he had been a pro basketball player, and when they chucked the gun to him, he caught it!

In addition to the larger loop, they added something to make it fire as the lever closed, and those 92s did hold a lot of short rounds! (but not that many).

That was one of several westerns I used to watch (including Gunsmoke, Bonanza and the Lone Ranger). Back then, they were all broadcast for free from the antenna of the Empire State Building. You just needed an antenna on your roof!

I believe Chuck Conners got the role because he had been a pro basketball player, and when they chucked the gun to him, he caught it!

In addition to the larger loop, they added something to make it fire as the lever closed, and those 92s did hold a lot of short rounds! (but not that many).

That was one of several westerns I used to watch (including Gunsmoke, Bonanza and the Lone Ranger). Back then, they were all broadcast for free from the antenna of the Empire State Building. You just needed an antenna on your roof!
Connors was a pro basketball and pro baseball player!

Back