Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I need to stay off of CL. I am thinking about offering $100 for a 3 year old homeowner used husky 445 with an extra chain and case. What do my fellow scroungers thing of the price. Fair or wait a little while and see what else comes up. I am looking for another baby saw for up at my cabin since you never know when you will need one.

I pick a spot in the bush near the edge that has lots of tall trees around it with a fair bit of undergrowth. I then clear that area and use it to drag a trailer or 2 worth of trees in at a time. This keeps me working in the shade where it's much cooler.
I'm going to borrow that page from your book. I moved my landing down into the hollow so I could be out of the wind this winter, but never thought to put it in the shade for summer. Fortunately there's an area just across the lane I can move the logs to work in the shade if it's still warm when the time comes to start blocking up the stems that I'm stock piling.

Going to give the equipment some much needed love today. It's all been working pretty hard without complaint for the past year. Don't want to press my luck to much farther.

I am thinking about offering $100 for a 3 year old homeowner used husky 445 with an extra chain and case. What do my fellow scroungers thing of the price.
I'd be on it like flies on honey. The 445 has a great power to weight ratio, I'm old and that's important ;)

I'd be on it like flies on honey. The 445 has a great power to weight ratio, I'm old and that's important ;)
I offered. Now I need to wait and see what the counter offer is. The art of negotiation, it is fun, you win some you lose some, I cant wait to see how this one plays out.

wood.jpg
310.jpg

Did a little scrounging at my aunt's camp in Pocahontas County, WV this weekend. I took the splitter and whatall to split some oak she had cut last year and she pointed out a couple little guys she said "you can have if you want". Didn't have to tell me twice :chainsaw:

As for big saws and little saws, for stuff in the 8-10" range, I love my 310 and 16" bar. The 660 sure makes stumpin a whooooole lot easier though, no doubt. Right tool for the job, as they say.
stump.jpg

This is the same camp from back in april, I was amazed at how easy it was to walk around that old pine stump with the 24" bar. Super easy, heck even fun, thats as close to a smile as you ever get on me in pictures, much to my wife's dismay. :sweet:

Now, now Mike some of us young'uns still know how to work. There just isnt many of us left.

Sorry about that, I meant it in general, not to every specific person. There is a large "entitlement" contingent out there that did not exist back when. People would be ashamed to go on pubic assistance, and would try to get off it as quickly as they could. Now, a lot of people seem to be very comfortable just making it a permanent part of their life.

wood.jpg
310.jpg

Did a little scrounging at my aunt's camp in Pocahontas County, WV this weekend. I took the splitter and whatall to split some oak she had cut last year and she pointed out a couple little guys she said "you can have if you want". Didn't have to tell me twice :chainsaw:

As for big saws and little saws, for stuff in the 8-10" range, I love my 310 and 16" bar. The 660 sure makes stumpin a whooooole lot easier though, no doubt. Right tool for the job, as they say.
stump.jpg

This is the same camp from back in april, I was amazed at how easy it was to walk around that old pine stump with the 24" bar. Super easy, heck even fun, thats as close to a smile as you ever get on me in pictures, much to my wife's dismay. :sweet:

Hey, that splitter & trailer look very familiar! You must have a TS near you too! (I really like both of them)

Sorry about that, I meant it in general, not to every specific person. There is a large "entitlement" contingent out there that did not exist back when. People would be ashamed to go on pubic assistance, and would try to get off it as quickly as they could. Now, a lot of people seem to be very comfortable just making it a permanent part of their life.

The entitlement contingent.... Its a topic that gets me fired up. The people that are always looking for a gov bailout, forgiveness, or a gov freebee. I know some people that don't do anything to help or improve there situation yet think the gov should be offering assistance because it would improve their quality of life. My wife and I on the other hand got degrees from the same university and have worked hard and improved our quality of life. Nothing is free, someone is paying for it. Arggg. Here we go and its only Monday.

Hey, that splitter & trailer look very familiar! You must have a TS near you too! (I really like both of them)

Yessir, theres one about 5 minutes up the road, real close to where my wife works. My monday tradition when I'm working evening shift is lunch with her then tractor supply to look for anything I can't live without. :)

Latest posts

Back