Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here: steel for splitting; plastic for bucking or falling.

I thought that this 'hanging wedge' for bucking was interesting, partially due it's shape - almost like an axe head, versus wedge shaped for lifting.

Of course, they did not have plastic 'back then', and didn't always have chainsaws to nick them with.

Philbert.

[QUOTE="Wood Nazi, post: 5500098, member: 13662210044 View attachment 442071 Not firewood related at all. But at $100, it's almost a scrounge and my son paid for it with money he made selling firewood. I feel cooler already.
LOL i just picked up a 1999 polaris xcr440 for 100 bucks. I was driving with it on the truck and when i got to work the senior mechanic at the shop said get that f'n snow machine out of here. Lol. He hates winter haha[/QUOTE]
That's a great score!

Philbert , That is a neat little bit of info on crosscut bucking .
I have some trophy's that my brother and I had won when we were 11 to 14 yrs old for bucksaw and 2 man crosscut :)
A real nice sound the cross cut makes in the right wood and real sharp , still remember that sound after all these years .
I gotta check with the old man if he still has the crosscuts .

If you don't mind me asking. What was asking on that saw? Did you clean the saw up or was that how it was put away?

Heck I thought I only needed one saw. I now have three. I believe that number will continue to grow.
the saw wasn't to dirty. it only had some dirt under the clutch cover. it had some funky e3 spark plug in it that i replaced. gonna see if the dealer has a new filter for it.

So, I took the Grandsons fishing today. Not that they have not been before, but I never took them, and they have never caught any fish!

Well today, Michael (8) caught 4 and Thomas (6) caught 3. Each caught Bass & Bluegill, and Michael caught a Sunfish (sorry Don).

They were happy!
I love to hear stories of kids getting out fishing.

Earlier this summer I pulled the pin and bought a backup van to replace mine , it was nice , 2 years newer , 70k km's less on the odo , 4 newish all seasons , 4 newish winters , all I had to do was swap over the trailer hitch and yank out the seats :)
Then , a regular comes in , sez he needs a van for his grandmother and can't find anything good out there ,,,, :( Bye bye new to me van .
So Monday I get a call from another of my customers , want's to know if I'm interested in their work van , cheap , new one came in to replace it , 2000ish sumthin E250 , I told him "You Bethca !!!!
Last week I also bought this as a backup to the van plan .

3A3XfMRmq3jJ0aN2N-mDyM1eNpiDvWFMSKL7vL1ud_eJXJNOVFnhB1St-q5XtkYj9na1E5gp_QGqCgnj_fIDazNPk4HEFT_QRbpSDKQ-XtCEkAlnq-M_hutHWqSOoKlKpSiB29F_sQ8vcDA_dEOkRlMJEA6X0tXogESLlHTqrCNWq00EOiT5vp5Mh8_e5p8ZzghznDsG98FaxRIyfIT5YIjIESKSSIlWIHzsrOkcMg1MaUA-7iKBPf6oIoIiQQyPDXD7fcJFmpCgTqPE7oEZo4-fENrBwBjImI6w2Dpbv6fe1hC6guq5oHYLOBy2ry7elDIPkko7Z6Uyx5wK7RFOBSPeub5arNFePlrpcz_XzZ7U3qrquuwScO3gLw4pyP-ez2pRjaZeYeITwUAN2eoi3JV7yzyrCLPi5WoS4iWIwIYqF4D5UBtSiLxGjd0qyQNk7jXxpjFX1bZ3EMoxWi4Er4PZ2_b0YbBxMqiZgjEciEYBxd_HWLxANRKMKe59I80toPWelg=w1239-h917-no

I'm not sure which would be the better wood scrounger , the E250 or the F250 LOL

So, I took the Grandsons fishing today. Not that they have not been before, but I never took them, and they have never caught any fish!

Well today, Michael (8) caught 4 and Thomas (6) caught 3. Each caught Bass & Bluegill, and Michael caught a Sunfish (sorry Don).

They were happy!
Excellent.

Earlier this summer I pulled the pin and bought a backup van to replace mine , it was nice , 2 years newer , 70k km's less on the odo , 4 newish all seasons , 4 newish winters , all I had to do was swap over the trailer hitch and yank out the seats :)
Then , a regular comes in , sez he needs a van for his grandmother and can't find anything good out there ,,,, :( Bye bye new to me van .
So Monday I get a call from another of my customers , want's to know if I'm interested in their work van , cheap , new one came in to replace it , 2000ish sumthin E250 , I told him "You Bethca !!!!
Last week I also bought this as a backup to the van plan .

3A3XfMRmq3jJ0aN2N-mDyM1eNpiDvWFMSKL7vL1ud_eJXJNOVFnhB1St-q5XtkYj9na1E5gp_QGqCgnj_fIDazNPk4HEFT_QRbpSDKQ-XtCEkAlnq-M_hutHWqSOoKlKpSiB29F_sQ8vcDA_dEOkRlMJEA6X0tXogESLlHTqrCNWq00EOiT5vp5Mh8_e5p8ZzghznDsG98FaxRIyfIT5YIjIESKSSIlWIHzsrOkcMg1MaUA-7iKBPf6oIoIiQQyPDXD7fcJFmpCgTqPE7oEZo4-fENrBwBjImI6w2Dpbv6fe1hC6guq5oHYLOBy2ry7elDIPkko7Z6Uyx5wK7RFOBSPeub5arNFePlrpcz_XzZ7U3qrquuwScO3gLw4pyP-ez2pRjaZeYeITwUAN2eoi3JV7yzyrCLPi5WoS4iWIwIYqF4D5UBtSiLxGjd0qyQNk7jXxpjFX1bZ3EMoxWi4Er4PZ2_b0YbBxMqiZgjEciEYBxd_HWLxANRKMKe59I80toPWelg=w1239-h917-no

I'm not sure which would be the better wood scrounger , the E250 or the F250 LOL

The wood stays dry in the 3/4 ton Ute......

3/4 ton Ute.....I'm laughing just typing that.....God help those scroungables out there.......

Even have room for a few "Ricky Pizzas" from Traditional Pizza and Donair in Dartmouth when all is done.

I'm not sure what you think I'd do with a 3/4 ton cargo van ..... But I'm thinking about 3/4 cord and all my gear and a pizza lol

What you'd do?

You stuffed a soccer mom van beyond comfort. Now you have something with carrying capacity?

I'm chuckling because now I have the mental image of a church van airborne with half a spruce hanging out the back as you are going down the logging roads.

Back