Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS396driver
Put about 170 miles on the 68 stepper . It’s getting a tad over 13 mpg . Thinking of picking up a t5 for it . Supposedly an easy install the overdrive would really help with the 4.57 rear . And because the rear is the Eaton HO52 the highest gear for it is a 4.11 so I wouldn’t gain much by changing the gears out and they are not easy to find. The HO rear is a very desirable unit for off roaring so I know I could recoup my money if I bought the dyna 60 .

Looking for a Dyna 60 is also not an easy task .

Sierra_rider

Sierra_rider

Piss revver
Put about 170 miles on the 68 stepper . It’s getting a tad over 13 mpg . Thinking of picking up a t5 for it . Supposedly an easy install the overdrive would really help with the 4.57 rear . And because the rear is the Eaton HO52 the highest gear for it is a 4.11 so I wouldn’t gain much by changing the gears out and they are not easy to find. The HO rear is a very desirable unit for off roaring so I know I could recoup my money if I bought the dyna 60 .

Looking for a Dyna 60 is also not an easy task .

If we weren't on opposite ends of the country, I have a dana 60 that I'd give you. I promised it to a friend, but he's sure taking his time to come get it. It's out of my '72, previous owner put disc brakes on it...so no parking brake, hence why I pulled it out and put in a late model disc brake 14 bolt. It's actually a pretty good axle aside from the parking brake issue, even has a Detroit locker in it.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
If we weren't on opposite ends of the country, I have a dana 60 that I'd give you. I promised it to a friend, but he's sure taking his time to come get it. It's out of my '72, previous owner put disc brakes on it...so no parking brake, hence why I pulled it out and put in a late model disc brake 14 bolt. It's actually a pretty good axle aside from the parking brake issue, even has a Detroit locker in it.
You could get/make brackets and get calipers off a caddy that had parking brakes levers built in them. Did it to one of my old 10.25 axles tgat i have under my 79 f350. Nice thing is the replacements pads are for an 70's 1500 chevy front axle so readily available. Everything else was off the shelf ford parts. If I did it again, I would do like you did and just get newer axles all together. Stronger, better brakes, and parts will be around a lot longer. It's becoming a pain to get everything for 70's era pickups.

Logger nate

Logger nate

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
In the 60’s today, snow is melting fast
IMG_1147.jpegDidn’t know if the little echo 2511 had enough bar or gas to cut this one out of the trail but it got it done
IMG_1148.jpegActually would have made good firewood but I don’t have a wood trailer for the bike yet, lol.
And “legal” firewood season doesn’t open on public land for another 2 weeks.

singinwoodwackr
I know you’re just here to disagree, so here you go.

Yes, it takes two for a marriage to work, but only takes ONE to wreck it, especially if they are a cheater, abuser, narcissist, sociopath, etc. if you’ve ever been in or known someone in a relationship with either of the latter two of these, you’ll understand that there is no winning. They will absolutely refuse to accept blame for anything, and it’s always the other person’s fault. The other person always loses until they walk away. For example, if narcissistic person cheats on their spouse, they will accept no responsibility for the act as the other person’s faults caused them to do it. Yes it’s silly to us normal people but that’s exactly how they operate.

Secondly, I will continue to disagree with you on how long people need before they can enter a good relationship. If someone is a good person, and get away from a bad person there is no hard and fast rule as to how long they need to recover or heal. Often by the time a marriage has broken up, both spouses are already living or ready to live there next life.

Funny that you should throw shade on my last relationship, we made it 21 years. That’s a lot more than many people do.
45 last March 😁

Sierra_rider

Sierra_rider

Piss revver
You could get/make brackets and get calipers off a caddy that had parking brakes levers built in them. Did it to one of my old 10.25 axles tgat i have under my 79 f350. Nice thing is the replacements pads are for an 70's 1500 chevy front axle so readily available. Everything else was off the shelf ford parts. If I did it again, I would do like you did and just get newer axles all together. Stronger, better brakes, and parts will be around a lot longer. It's becoming a pain to get everything for 70's era pickups.
That was my original plan, but the disc brake 14s (I think they're AAMs now) are cheap and plentiful. Except for the low-hanging pumpkin, they're better axles than the Dana 60 too IMO.

jellyroll

jellyroll

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yes, well...

I did my post-grad in Austin, TX back in 2001 and my supervisor (Mark) told me about a friend of his in his younger days. The mother of his guy had a friend who had lost her husband (can't remember whether by divorce or death) and needed some things done around the place and could he pop over and help out. OK, he says and he goes over. Anyway, he goes over and does a few things and then she gets suggestive and....

He must have done well because she told some of her friends and then he had a bunch of late-middle age women needing little jobs done about the place, surprisingly when husbands were at work. He said, "They're horrible kissers, but great f******. He offered Mark in on the gig but he declined (so he says).

So don't rule it out!

She was 46 and widowed and i was 18 and a little wet behind the ears back in 2009 and i took care of her lawn for two years and after a while of doing it i got to doing other things as well.
Lets just say it happened and i still take care of the lawn and her needs now ;).

user 158015

user 158015

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
For those working in in woods with ticks. I been using a lint roller for nymph ticks. I use permethrin impregnated pants and still pick up some of the nasty buggers.

Got on this thread for the reloading/neck sizing debate, but boy I am learning about woman,
never dated much. (celebrating 30years in a few weeks)

tc234b.jpg

Squareground3691

Squareground3691

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
For those working in in woods with ticks. I been using a lint roller for nymph ticks. I use permethrin impregnated pants and still pick up some of the nasty buggers.

Got on this thread for the reloading/neck sizing debate, but boy I am learning about woman,
never dated much. (celebrating 30years in a few weeks)

View attachment 1078585
The ticks are really bad in my area,spring and fall are usually the worst time ,

H-Ranch

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm feeling some wheelbarrow therapy coming on! Rain this weekend so maybe not quite yet, but soon. I have 30° more range of motion 10 days following arthroscopic surgery than I did after 10 months following the original knee replacement surgery. It seems promising even though it's not quite awesome yet.

When I saw the arthroscopic surgeon 8 days after surgery, I felt about the same as before. He was in disbelief that I would expect to be improved at that point. I told him that my body normally recovers that quickly and he totally dismissed me as crazy and wrong with expectations that were way too high. Oh, he also told me on the first consultation visit that I couldn't play basketball on an artificial knee and that they should have told me that. (Actually my orthopedic surgeon and I had lengthy discussions about playing.)

Immediately after the first PT session on day 9, it felt better than it has since before the joint replacement. It's a little sore now as I continue to work it. I'm really hoping that I can improve and shock him at my next followup in 6 weeks. He's motivating me to rub his nose in it!

blitzen

blitzen

ArboristSite Lurker
Some of you guys sure are desperate to have a woman around! And ready to take just about anyone to get one!

I wouldn't want a woman that hasn't lived on her own for at least a year, two is even better. And any woman worth having should feel the same way about a man too.

SR
Just to be clear Sawyer Rob--I think two women that have lived on their own for a year is better than one too!

SS396driver
I appreciate the gesture. The rear would work in my truck ,in 70 they made the rear about an inch wider . So it would stick the stock wheels out 1/2 on each side on truck . They did this because they planned on front disc which also pushed the wheel out about a 1/2 inch each side .
Yours was most likely a leaf spring truck as you put a later model rear in it . Mine is rear coil so I’d have to modify the mounting points

Yikes. This morning I saw a “for sale by owner” of a small island plus a mainland cabin across the channel from the island. Asking price of 2.6 million. The only buildings were a couple of primitive cabins and a small boat house. I talked to my friend who is a realtor and she said collectively there’s about $1 million with the real estate between the island and the mainland property. I liked her quote “lake people are rich, but they are stupid!”

jolj

ArboristSite Operative
Yikes. This morning I saw a “for sale by owner” of a small island plus a mainland cabin across the channel from the island. Asking price of 2.6 million. The only buildings were a couple of primitive cabins and a small boat house. I talked to my friend who is a realtor and she said collectively there’s about $1 million with the real estate between the island and the mainland property. I liked her quote “lake people are rich, but they are stupid!”
That cheap for a island, even fresh water island.

Sierra_rider

Sierra_rider

Piss revver
I appreciate the gesture. The rear would work in my truck ,in 70 they made the rear about an inch wider . So it would stick the stock wheels out 1/2 on each side on truck . They did this because they planned on front disc which also pushed the wheel out about a 1/2 inch each side .
Yours was most likely a leaf spring truck as you put a later model rear in it . Mine is rear coil so I’d have to modify the mounting points

Yep, I forgot about the coil spring. Yep, mine's a 4wd, so leaf set up.

Latest posts