Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Walmart near my house is closing in two weeks as there is a new super WM opening up across the highway.

I've already scored a few clearance items as they are closing down departments. Today I picked up a 2 pack of 3/8" low profile chains for $9. Does $4.50 per loop qualify as a you suck? Lol
Yes, suckage! cheap enough you can chuck em when dull. I hates trying to sharpen them bitty chains, can't see em. I need one of those big clampon on magnifier things. heh

Yes, suckage! cheap enough you can chuck em when dull. I hates trying to sharpen them bitty chains, can't see em. I need one of those big clampon on magnifier things. heh
They are safety chains. But when you are running a 34 CC saw you aren't looking for speed anyhow lol.

I have a walking trail the runs on the top of a couple of rocky ridges. These chains are earmarked for cutting blow downs there as hitting rocks is inevitable.

The Walmart near my house is closing in two weeks as there is a new super WM opening up across the highway.

I've already scored a few clearance items as they are closing down departments. Today I picked up a 2 pack of 3/8" low profile chains for $9. Does $4.50 per loop qualify as a you suck? Lol
Yep...guilty of suckage in the first degree. Lol

Then don't scratch, it will give you temporary relief long enough for you to go to sleep.
Cover the affected areas too (long sleeves, and/or pants); otherwise, the irritating oil can get on the sheets, and as you roll around. . . .

Fels Naptha, laundry soap, Technu, . . .

Philbert

The essential oil stuff works. I dont know about that combo on PI but after going to the doc twice to have a plantar wart frozen off I found that lemon essential oil works and give it a try. It sure did work on the plantars wart and at $10 a bottle it was way cheaper than the $130 a pop the doc was.

Good old Poison Death, theres nothing like it. The bane of many a firewood hound, myself included. Knock on wood, I havent had to get a shot in the hind end over it for a few years now, only because I avoid it like the plague.

20 pages behind, and all caught up on the scrounging exploits now. You fellas have been busy. Me? Not so much. Well not with wood any way. It's nearing time for me to get back in the woods and get some wood put up real soon though. I scouted my property last weekend and saw 5 or 6 good firewood candidates standing dead. It's a start.

20 pages behind, and all caught up on the scrounging exploits now. You fellas have been busy. Me? Not so much. Well not with wood any way. It's nearing time for me to get back in the woods and get some wood put up real soon though. I scouted my property last weekend and saw 5 or 6 good firewood candidates standing dead. It's a start.
Well look who the cat dragged in!

Hey guys, I'm looking at a new to me saw. I started a thread in chainsaws but I'm intersted in your opinions. Take a look and weigh in if you have a minute.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-365-x-torq-experience.285624/#post-5530711
I had a minty 365 special, it was jam up nice, about as perfect a one saw plan as it gets, if that was your one saw, and you had like three different bars for it, say like an 18, 24 and 28.. Unfortunately it was in the wad of saws that got stolen. I replaced it with a 371xp, a member here was kind enough to give me a deal on it.

I am still here, lost my computer so am on a tablet. Never used one so it is a challenge to say the least ! My tower will not power on at all, so guess it was fried. Never had one lose power totally. Good thing I have better luck with the Husky,s or I would be cold this winter!

Latest posts

Back