Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only know this because I have dealt with a lot of worthless bureaucrats over the years. They often try the "I didn't say that" game.

After they pull that weasel move once, we get to play CC wars cause from here on ourt and everyone gets to be on the same page whether they want to or not.
My wife sent an email to the principal with several (I didn't ask who) others cc into it. So we should be covered there. One of the woman she works with, sister is on the board of supervisors for the school. My wife said she gave her a call to see if she was willing to reach out to her sister on our behalf. She agreed to pass my wife's number along. So I'm quite sure we'll be getting some results at this point. Truthfully this school has been a bad joke since my daughter started.

Nothing is going to be done to the two that made the accusations of inappropriate behavior. They will be keeping a closer eye on the trouble girl.

Sounds normal, unfortunately. Happened to me in school, and happened to my kids. They identify the one that did something about the problem as the problem.

My daughter got away with it though, she punched a boy and knocked him down. He didn’t report it.

Well I got an offer to sell my 066 by a local, thought I'd never sell that saw, but couldn't say no to $1000. Not sure if I should put that money towards a 400C or towards a Holzfforma G395, I see the G395s are on sale for $210 PHO so I'm pretty tempted to buy one

Eh, why not just get both

Depends on what you are looking for, and what you already have, but I'm pretty sure there will be a lot more times you will want to use the 400C.
I've already got 2 60cc saws, my 620P and my 590, think maybe the 400 replace those 2. On the other hand, I'm now short a big saw and I've got almost a full week of chainsaw milling after Christmas to New Years Eve, but I know a guy who owns a clone 395, and we might just run that and my 590 since he'll be helping me

To be honest, I rarely run my 394xp these days, well since my cousin got a band saw mill... anything the 400 can't handle gets the 390xp, anything smaller gets the gz4000. I got more saws then I can shake a stick at and pretty much just use those three anymore. Keep my old 359 around as a back up, which reminds me, I need to get it out and run it again.

To be honest, I rarely run my 394xp these days, well since my cousin got a band saw mill... anything the 400 can't handle gets the 390xp, anything smaller gets the gz4000. I got more saws then I can shake a stick at and pretty much just use those three anymore. Keep my old 359 around as a back up, which reminds me, I need to get it out and run it again.
I actually ended up grabbing that 066 for 24"+ wood pretty much every time. My 590 and my 620 can both bury a 24" bar and do pretty good for my standards, 590 used to be my biggest saw before CAD got to me but I know it'd be difficult not having the extra power of the 066 after I got used to it

Well I got an offer to sell my 066 by a local, thought I'd never sell that saw, but couldn't say no to $1000. Not sure if I should put that money towards a 400C or towards a Holzfforma G395, I see the G395s are on sale for $210 PHO so I'm pretty tempted to buy one

Eh, why not just get both
Get the 400. Don't make me call u cuttinchinesium.

I do think the 066/660 was closer in weight and power to the 390 than the 394/5 so your point still stands if I'm right
They are all pretty close in the cut, with 36" bars. Longer bars the 660 and 394xp are faster, but the 390xp out handles them. Give and take, 3 excellent saws. I would ditch the 394xp before the 390xp. Just my preference though.
Edit: I've always thought jumping from a 60ish cc saw to a 90ish cc saw was a good power jump too. So naturally a 590/620/ms400 to a 390xp /ms660 would feel very correct in my opinion.

Turns out I'll have an opportunity to run a 400C on Saturday, a friend of mine is gonna get one tomorrow and he'll be cutting with it then. Think I'm gonna bring my 590 and my 620 just to run them side by side
It won't run worth a crap for 8-10 tanks of fuel. I was kinda disappointed with it at first, and Steve reminded me they take quite a bit ti break in. Like normal, Steve's wisdom was right.

They are all pretty close in the cut, with 36" bars. Longer bars the 660 and 394xp are faster, but the 390xp out handles them. Give and take, 3 excellent saws. I would ditch the 394xp before the 390xp. Just my preference though.
I always had a 28 strapped to my 066 and it never broke a sweat. Probably wouldn't be too much difference between the 3 on that bar length

Will it be normal if my broken in and muffler modded 620P keeps up with it or outcuts it?
The 620 should keep pace till its broken in, assuming it runs like my neighbors 620p. Once it's broken in. (You'll notice it pick up power, it's not subtle) the 620p is slower, muff mod/hole shot / bark box the 400 is another nice power bump over the 620p.

It won't run worth a crap for 8-10 tanks of fuel. I was kinda disappointed with it at first, and Steve reminded me they take quite a bit ti break in. Like normal, Steve's wisdom was right.
I was very impressed with my 400 right out of the box, I had been running the 620p daily before that.
Honestly I think my 620p improved more with break in than the ms400 did....at least that was my impression.

Latest posts

Back